Home

LEC feedback thread

This is a discussion on LEC feedback thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 02:38 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
LEC feedback thread

Now that the 1st Live Event Competition is nearing the end, I figured I'd make a feedback thread related to what everyone liked and dislike about the mode.

I'll start.

- I feel the event was too long, the 5 days and unlimited runs allows for people with 5 days free time to play a ton. Even if they lose, just restart an unlimited amount of times and catch back up. This favours the person who plays more than anyone. Because as long as they can get that one good win streak, they're fine. Even if they restarted 5 times.

I suggest a 2 day limit.

-Tree Chopper or anything of the sort does NOT need to be a selectable perk. Magic combos galore. Nuff said.

- There should be an in game tournament after the event with the top 8 people, which should be a best of 3.

- You should have the ability to see what someones current run is as well, instead of just seeing their best run.

Thats all I have for now. Feel free to add to it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #2
Banned

Re: LEC feedback thread

It needs more fighters, the same two match ups gets boring quick, and I really hate the mirror matches.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I had a lot of fun with it! It was a grind, but I became a better fighter b/c of it and matched up with a lot of familiar top level fighters

* I agree 5 days is a bit long. I think a Friday Morning 9 AM 'EA Sports Time' (Vancouver? Is that Pacific? lol) thru Sunday 11:59 PM EA Sports Time would be ideal

* I LOVE the idea of taking the top 4, 8, 16, hell even 64 like NCAA Basketball; and putting together some sort of live event Tournament. Sure it can be tough to get all those folks to actually get online at the same time....but if they want it enough, they'll make it happen. I know I would skip work if I needed to if I were in such a tournament even without much of a 'real' prize ---- EA MMA had Live Broadcasts which were actually pretty successful it seemed to me. Get some of these top 10 level guys fighting one another live for everyone to see, with announcers if possible. I nominate GPD lol I would volunteer as an announcer too

* Speaking of 'real' prizes --- keep that part of the system! OK I know you can't float a $10k grand prize plus like 4 $2k-each prize pack trips to Vegas and UFC 200 --- but having some autographed memorabilia, or hell even a TShirt for everyone in the Top 20, would be neat.

* Make it a bit easier to earn the 'digital' prizes. I ended up ranked about 50ish on PS4 and had a 25 win streak...but still got a silver pack....of course this is in my self interest LOL but hardly anyone hit 50+ wins (Gold) and only like 8 people total on both systems had 100+ wins (Platinum)

I think gold at 25 wins and Platinum at 50 wins would be legit

* I agree --- more fighters if possible. I know it has to be based on real events that are coming up soon....but perhaps try to go for 3 or 4 fights rather than just 2. Heck, somehow link this live event competition with the live events pick'em, should work pretty well

* Just keep improving the game as best as possible. There will always be some lag, or 'cheeze' or even exploits, but the better/more balanced the game is, the more fun and legit these events will be

Look fwd to participating in some more! Although this last one wore me out lol I'm going to take a couple days off UFC 2
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Banned

I think a good suggestion would be, you pick a team of 4 fighters from the selection, that way there is a mix up of the matchups and weight classes to play. Have it be a random selection like it is a Ranked Championship.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Lots to say on this topic. I made it to 4th as my highest rank on PS4 and then slid down to 6th last time I checked it (which was days ago). My run was either 46-3 or 47-3, don't remember.

-DNF cutoff needs to be implemented. Let's say anyone with 10% DNF or greater cannot compete in this mode. They'll see a message that says something like, "Sorry, your connection is too unstable for the LEC." This will keep rage quitters and guys with potato internet from playing at all, which can only be a good thing. Why should EA reward rage quitter losers with fabulous prizes OR allow the luck factor of lag to interfere with outcomes? They shouldn't.

-Ping cutoff needs to be implemented. I've voiced this already to the devs and they are concerned that a ping cutoff could be exploited to duck matchups, but something needs to change here. Getting a loss to someone who lives thousands of miles away and is lagging every other second is absolutely infuriating and completely diminishes the importance of skill.

-Win streaks alone don't tell you who is the best player. You need some kind of standard tournament bracket. My sentiments here echo ZHunter's. Take anywhere from the top 8 to the top 16 players after two days and set a date and time for the semi-finals and finals to take place. Make it a best-of system (either best 2 of 3 or best 3 of 5). This way the best of the best would be forced to fight each other. There are some guys I know I'm better than, but the matchmaking would rarely or never match us together, so those guys kept putting together absurd win streaks because nobody else could stop them.

-After a couple days, I felt burnt out on the mode. I know I'm not alone here. I know guys who stopped going to the gym for a week, put their family lives on the backburner, and even set their clock to wake up at certain points to play more and try to get matched with guys whose streak they wanted to end. This mode ends up encouraging you to be a no-lifer due to the grindy nature of it and also its length. Look at EVO for comparison. These events are at most a couple days. Qualifiers, semi-finals, finals. The fact that so much grinding is required to prove your worth is frustrating in light of the fact that it can all go down the toilet because of a lagger or a cheeser. The game begins to feel more like work than fun, and to me at least, this is very worrying.

-The equalized stats and move levels are for the most part are a good thing, but everyone's strikes at level 2 meant that nobody had real stopping power. In Ranked, if someone is body spamming me, a Rumble Johnson or Lawler head uppercut will halt them in their tracks. In the LEC since the strikes are so weak, you really don't have a hard counter to mindless body spamming. Landing the first strike in an engagement is also minimized.

-The fights should be 5 rounds, not 3! 5 round fights will yield more definitive outcomes and will punish spamming harder. A spammer's worst nightmare is to spam hard in the first 3 rounds and then be totally out of gas in the 4th and 5th. In a 3 round fight, a spammer can spam hardcore for a good 1.5 rounds without fear, and this has to change. For anyone worrying about reaching 100 games with 5 round fights as default, I'd be OK with that threshold being lowered. So we'd see guys with lower streaks, but those streaks would be more impressive since 5 round fights better indicate who the better fighter truly is.

-After a while it became boring as sin using Belfort/Jacare/Werdum/Stipe over and over and without their unique traits. I'm not really sure what to suggest here. You got the sense that they were just player models with movesets and a lot of the immersion of playing with a real fighter went away. It is definitely more fair this way, but it became boring. I think reducing the grindy nature of the mode would perhaps stop players from becoming burnt out on fighters so quickly. Perhaps you could let players choose 5 moves to make level 3 instead of level 2? Just a thought

Overall, I had fun for the first 8-9 hours and then the grindy nature of the mode revealed itself and I felt myself becoming more and more miserable as I tried to beat my own and others' streak. It began to feel like work and I began to enjoy the game less and less as a result. I began to resent the fact that people who no-life the game are rewarded. I resented that I could beat someone on a streak and then not get matched up with them again for ages, so they'd keep beating less skilled players and start to beat my current streak. I resented that players who got eliminated in part due to losses I gave them could do a new run and try to snipe me down and end my streak. I resented that some players' connections were laggy as you can imagine and pivotal inputs were ignored due to packet loss.

Good mode but needs to be rethought and tweaked with fairness, brevity, and stability in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

good stuff ZR for sure

5 rounds would be great.

And I definitely agree that move levels should be increased to lvl 3 or even lvl 4

(Perhaps, similar to perks, you are given a pack with 25 moves and you get to pick 10 of them? That might be a good compromise)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »