Home

Are there really ways to cheat?

This is a discussion on Are there really ways to cheat? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Are there really ways to cheat?

Are there really ways to cheat at this game? I've seen the lag switch threads, still on the fence with it, though most likely BS, can see how it would have more an effect on a FPS game. Are there legitimate ways to cheat and how are they identifiable? There are plenty of matches when I get beat that I can see a clear reason, ( well times shots, poor stamina management, random ko's) but there have been quite a few that felt like there was some extreme BS going on, strikes not having an impact, subs going at light speed, I once got submitted on the 2nd gate, transitions not going even though the meter is completely full and I swooped. One that I really noticed is a slow down right before getting hit with a big shot when the block doesn't seem to work. Please refrain from smart *** responses, this is just a simple research question not looking for conspiracy theories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Are there really ways to cheat?

Lol. The best is when you throw a strike and a few seconds later you actually throw the strike but by that time your timings all off and you get kicked in the head or summit.

I actually don't think there are lag switches. Some matches are just laggy.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
Rookie

Unfortunately there is just a LOT of RNG crap in the game.

Last night I was in a fight in UT with some french guy who had host. The entire match was laggy as hell, but I dominated it regardless. In round 2, it lagged even harder, and then my game crashed with an error code. Came back ingame and it counted as a loss for me and I was dumped down to prospect and lost division points.

There is no lag switching, this game just uses the ancient and outdated host system. Like it was on Halo2 10 years ago. Only this time, you don't really have an advantage if you have host. Basically if you are lagging, the other guy is too. He isn't haxxoring you.

RNG will screw you a lot and there are examples of that all over the forums. Someone posted a video here today of a fight between Frankie Edgar and Brian Ortega, with him playing Ortega. He was winning the fight dominantly until Edgar threw a clinch, landed a SINGLE punch on his undamaged head, got a knockdown and finished the fight. This sort of thing happens to all of us, all the time.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

IMO there aren't ways to cheat in this game

Ways to fight without honor; exploiting some known 'bugs' or at least imbalances?

DEFINITELY lol

But it's always been that way in just about every online game, ever

I don't want to go down the rabbit hole re: Random Number Generator (RNG) --- but overall, I don't mind it TOO much, as long as it's not extremely overdone. Sometimes 'in real life' one phantom punch or kick can in fact ruin your entire night even if you were whooping *** the whole time.

Again I don't want to hijack thread on this lol but some randomness is good (but...controlled randomness...'randomness that makes sense'.....if that makes sense??? lol)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »