Home

Can we have Big John McCarthy as a REF in UFC 2.

This is a discussion on Can we have Big John McCarthy as a REF in UFC 2. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #9
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we have Big John McCarthy as a REF in UFC 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
Great link.

I guess they never asked him to be in the game. That sucks, well I hope they change there mind.

Add Big Jon Please!!!
Old 05-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #10
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_1873
Feels like someone has something against Big John. He's probably the most liked ref out of them all except from maybe Herb420 Dean
Go watch the Manheof fight from Bellator on Friday. Then get back to me. Have nothing against the guy but that fight was shamefull. Both the judging and reffing...
Old 05-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Admittedly, I haven't read that article so this question may be answered in that; why would you not put him in your game? I feel like he's just as synonymous with the UFC (MMA) as guys like Dana, Buffer, and Rogan.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #12
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Admittedly, I haven't read that article so this question may be answered in that; why would you not put him in your game? I feel like he's just as synonymous with the UFC (MMA) as guys like Dana, Buffer, and Rogan.
Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I totally agree!!!

He has been in the UFC since day 1, and also in ea mma his character model looked great.

To me not having him in is like not having Bruce Buffer, Dana, Rogan they have all been there from the start or close to it and when you watch UFC a lot you will see he is there main head ref. It's Herb Dean and Big Jon the UFC best 2 refs.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Go watch the Manheof fight from Bellator on Friday. Then get back to me. Have nothing against the guy but that fight was shamefull. Both the judging and reffing...
The only thing wrong with that fight is that both guys seemed to forget that they were supposed to be fighting. It was atrocious. Nothing was wrong with the officiating, though, nor was it fixed. It was just another bad Bellator fight.

It certainly didn't reflect poorly on Big John. He took a point away from Sakai earlier that night for consecutive low blows, so I don't know why you're acting like John wasn't doing his job correctly, but he was doing just fine.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #14
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
The only thing wrong with that fight is that both guys seemed to forget that they were supposed to be fighting. It was atrocious. Nothing was wrong with the officiating, though, nor was it fixed. It was just another bad Bellator fight.

It certainly didn't reflect poorly on Big John. He took a point away from Sakai earlier that night for consecutive low blows, so I don't know why you're acting like John wasn't doing his job correctly, but he was doing just fine.
No chance the fight was fixed, especially with BJM of all people, the best in the business. Former LAPD and rolled and trained with all the Gracies, the guy knows more about MMA than most analysts forget. The issue in the fight is it was two middle of the road MMA fighters with the better of the two (Melvin) being a gasser in his prime let alone when he was 40.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #15
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Thanks to all the ppl who liked this thread. I thought ppl would bash me and say work on gameplay first but it's something that I thought would be cool to check out and look into.

Hopefully if more ppl like this thread GPD can add him and make our wishes come true. lol

Thank You Everybody and keep hitting that like button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #16
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington

So 3 low blows. Multiple warnings for his fingers out and grabbing the fence undetected is a good job. To each their own I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »