Home

Rubber guard is broken

This is a discussion on Rubber guard is broken within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:32 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Rubber guard is broken

If I broke out of rg into posture down, and we both start transitioning righr away, he will gain rg before i can posture up.

From my understanding ground defense doesnt have anything to do with transitions, and the speed and transition denials are based on top game vs otb. I could be wrong but thats how i understood it
Old 05-24-2016, 01:03 AM   #34
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
If I broke out of rg into posture down, and we both start transitioning righr away, he will gain rg before i can posture up.

From my understanding ground defense doesnt have anything to do with transitions, and the speed and transition denials are based on top game vs otb. I could be wrong but thats how i understood it
That sounds about right considering that you expended some stamina escaping RG. Why not deny their RG attemot then posture up or go to power stacked from FG postured down when you have GA?

My understanding of ground defense is that it dictates how easy/hard denials are relative to your opponents OTB or TG stats.

The difference between your opponents OTB or TG stat and your ground defense stat dictates how easy denials are. I think Denials are made easier/harder by shrinking/expanding transition speed based on the said difference between GD stat and OTB/TG stat.

Something I'll test when I get on the game tonight.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:50 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
That sounds about right considering that you expended some stamina escaping RG. Why not deny their RG attemot then posture up or go to power stacked from FG postured down when you have GA?

My understanding of ground defense is that it dictates how easy/hard denials are relative to your opponents OTB or TG stats.

The difference between your opponents OTB or TG stat and your ground defense stat dictates how easy denials are. I think Denials are made easier/harder by shrinking/expanding transition speed based on the said difference between GD stat and OTB/TG stat.

Something I'll test when I get on the game tonight.
Well because its extremely hard to block in the first place even if i know its coming. And there is no other way to gain ga when they spam it other than too actually deny the transition. I'm not saying they need to nerf it to hell, but it needs to be adjusted. It either needs to be skightly easier to deny the rg entry or when i DO deny the transition i should be able to get straight into half guard before they can get to rg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 02:31 AM   #36
Banned

I had a fight nick diaz vs weidman i was diaz. He was in div 7 680-175. Diaz otb is 80 gd 80 weidman has 88 top 91 gd. I spammed rubberguard, eventually got a transition block when in rg, and than gor an easy sub after his stamina is down. I recorded it if you want to take a look. It isnt only affecting ut

He was ranked 38 on ranked leaderboards

Last edited by zzzeric; 05-24-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:39 AM   #37
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
I had a fight nick diaz vs weidman i was diaz. He was in div 7 680-175. Diaz otb is 80 gd 80 weidman has 88 top 91 gd. I spammed rubberguard, eventually got a transition block when in rg, and than gor an easy sub after his stamina is down. I recorded it if you want to take a look. It isnt only affecting ut

He was ranked 38 on ranked leaderboards
Is your GT the same as your username here?
Old 05-24-2016, 03:49 AM   #38
Rookie

Yeah rubber guard is annoying and op for sure. I don't even think I blocked it once. It's too fast and annoying at hell once you r stuck in the loop
Old 05-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Is your GT the same as your username here?
Yes

10 chars
Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #40
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Pretty much the rubber guard issue is mostly for UT players or is it for both? Because i don't see to many ppl try it in online ranked but I see it every game in UT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »