Home

Takedown timing is broken

This is a discussion on Takedown timing is broken within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 01:38 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Takedown timing is broken

I thought takedowns were underpowered til I started playing UT lol
Old 05-24-2016, 08:57 AM   #18
Rookie

Pax_Vision's Arena

Not broken. Two ways to get a TD.

1. Clinch first, and go for single leg.
2. (My favorite) Wait for your OP to throw a head kick and go for it as their foot is coming back down.

PSN: Pax_Vision
XBOX: PaxVision

Long Live EA Forums
Old 05-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #19
Banned

I can't stand the lag input of TD's which results into having your fighter squat like they're farting.
Also head jabs and leg kicks shouldn't interfere with take downs. You change levels and duck under the punch, and leg kicks is your opponent giving you there leg. Please fix this
Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #20
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung444
I can't stand the lag input of TD's which results into having your fighter squat like they're farting.
Also head jabs and leg kicks shouldn't interfere with take downs. You change levels and duck under the punch, and leg kicks is your opponent giving you there leg. Please fix this
Exactly. Shooting td's should go under most strikes and throwing a leg kick while a guy is shooting should make the chance of the td success much higher. I also don't know why they have any and every strike being able to stop a td. Undisputed had it right when it came to shooting td's. The more I think about it, the more I realize how much knowledge the EA team lacks when it comes to mma. It's like they really should have hired some of the guys from THQ, cuz in terms of knowledge of mma, these guys were light years ahead of the guys at EA. My props to GPD though...he does his research and the guy developed the most amazing grappling system in an mma game period. But no idea what these other guys are doing with these wacky movesets, spam catering striking, everybody flying off the cage, ect.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #21
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Exactly. Shooting td's should go under most strikes and throwing a leg kick while a guy is shooting should make the chance of the td success much higher. I also don't know why they have any and every strike being able to stop a td. Undisputed had it right when it came to shooting td's. The more I think about it, the more I realize how much knowledge the EA team lacks when it comes to mma. It's like they really should have hired some of the guys from THQ, cuz in terms of knowledge of mma, these guys were light years ahead of the guys at EA. My props to GPD though...he does his research and the guy developed the most amazing grappling system in an mma game period. But no idea what these other guys are doing with these wacky movesets, spam catering striking, everybody flying off the cage, ect.
UFC 1 had takedowns going under punches and kicks good. I really did like how the takedowns were in the first game after all the patches. I wish the UFC 2 takedown denial window was smaller.

BTW takedowns from the clinch is perfect. It's standing takedowns that need a buff. (and yes I know you need to sway back) but that should not be how it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »