Home

Takedown timing is broken

This is a discussion on Takedown timing is broken within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Takedown timing is broken

Takedown success/timing is broken, glitchy, and seemingly random. Observations:

1 - "Perfectly" timed takedowns almost never work and usually result in extreme punishment. These are done right as the recovery phase of a whiffed strike begins. Most notably, when someone comes up short on a flying knee. I shoot for a TD right as they land and there's a glitchy looking animation 100% of the time, where it looks like I hit a wall and just sit there stunned for 1-2 seconds to be demolished.

2 - Wait until opponent finishes unloading a tekken combo for all his stam, shoot in, even with TD maxed, he gets a full 1.5 seconds to deny

3 - Randomly shoot in during opponents barrage and somehow complete instant takedown.

Anyone else have these issues? Have any tips (other than clinch TD's)? Maybe it's just the consistent, absurd lag throwing my timing off?

Here's an example of hitting a "wall" after what I thought was a pretty well timed TD: https://youtu.be/hUerAKyEuRs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Takedown timing is broken

It's not broken. It was designed that way.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

yeah, not broken, stop crying. Just ask the Dev for he tell you when are the best moments to throw a takedown.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

How to take someone down: go into clinch, block 1 or two shots, fake a transition, take him down when he doesn't expect it. Simple as that.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptang

Anyone else have these issues? Have any tips (other than clinch TD's)?
Well, thanks for being dicks and not even reading the post before blessing us with your snarky comments.

Anyone who actually watched the vid I uploaded having the same issues? I get that all the time. If I randomly shoot for TD's it doesn't usually happen, just when I feel like I timed it perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 08:18 PM   #6
Banned

Takedowns from standing(not clinch) are way underpowered and the devs know
Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

There are moments when the circle fills up fast, the Dev showed us this in a video a few weeks ago. 1 of this moments is after hit your opponent with many shots or when your opponent is back to the cage. I like this when it's more harder than easier to take someone down and it's more easy with a wrestler. Things are respected. The takedown system on undisputed Ufc games was awful... except when it was done on the good timing. It's amazing how people can cry... Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...QPV80MY#t=1290 Awesome how the circle fills up fast! And this https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...nN3edD0U0#t=46 You have to throw your takedown on the good moment, thats all.

Last edited by Donnie_Brasco_FR; 05-23-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...QPV80MY#t=1290 Awesome how the circle fills up fast! And this https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...nN3edD0U0#t=46 You have to throw your takedown on the good moment, thats all.

Thanks for some info... but I don't think you are seeing the issue I'm talking about. In the vid I posted, I timed the TD well. Do you disagree? The circle filled up extremely fast, it just didn't actually work! It's like I hit an invisible wall when I time a TD perfectly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »