Home

What's your favorite additions to ufc2?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite additions to ufc2? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 04:44 PM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
What's your favorite additions to ufc2?

I know I'm a negative Nancy, but I do like the game when I'm winning. I post a lot about issues I have, and other users post issues they have as well. (I probably provide content for 75 % of content involving game issues.

There is not many threads about the positives of this game, and in hopes gamechangers, gpd, or anyone important sees this I think it's a good idea to provide details I think they got right, and add some positivity and let whoever know things I really like.

-kicking legs wildly during one arm guillotine escape. Before game came out I suggested that animation for Mighty Mouse because I saw it in the benavidez fight. I know ea didn't put that in the game for me, but last night I locked a one arm guillotine against mighty mouse and he scrambled his legs like a fish out of water. I love it, other fighters do it as well.

-The commentary is drastically improved, "go get some Donald Cerr-one!", I love it. Rogan has some fantastic lines, and Goldberg has good ones as well, canned from real fights. Freaking awesome. I do miss some of the snarky comments from the crowd, that seems way toned down from first game

-the fighter models (not all of them), some fighters look absolutely fantastic imo, way better than last game.

-Hendricks is usable, and I can beat champs something at the lower levels using average fighters.

- I always pick every weight class, in ufc 1 for example women's bw was almost always Holm vs Holm.

-Aldo I never use him, but him in the first game was a travesty imo, but in this game he can be a killer.

-live event competition, I didn't play much and it might have been wonky IDK, but it shows innovation and wanting to progress. Neat idea.

-double confirmation, even though some rabble -rousers still try and trick you

Probably more I can think off and add later

Anyone else want to recognize improvements made from ufc 1 to ufc 2 that they really like to recognize in chance important dudes might read them? If any of those dudes have me blocked not sure if they will see other users input though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Re: What's your favorite additions to ufc2?

As frustrating as it has become, UT is by far my favorite addition this year. Live Event Competition is a close second.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:30 AM   #3
Banned

I am glad they copied the striking control scheme from UFC UD3, I hated having the modifiers being both of the to bumper/1 buttons. I wish they would add the dash forward attacks like the jumping head kick, or the double under hook running takedown. Ut was also a great addition, never played it on the other games but I am hooked on this one.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #4
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

It's not a add on but I love the atmosphere and the look of UFC 2.

Everything down to the octagon and fighters, to crowd noise and refs talking a lil more has been great. All we need now is some more Bruce Buffer audio and were all set.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I know I'm a negative Nancy, but I do like the game when I'm winning.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I know I'm a negative Nancy, but I do like the game when I'm winning. I post a lot about issues I have, and other users post issues they have as well. (I probably provide content for 75 % of content involving game issues.

There is not many threads about the positives of this game, and in hopes gamechangers, gpd, or anyone important sees this I think it's a good idea to provide details I think they got right, and add some positivity and let whoever know things I really like.

-kicking legs wildly during one arm guillotine escape. Before game came out I suggested that animation for Mighty Mouse because I saw it in the benavidez fight. I know ea didn't put that in the game for me, but last night I locked a one arm guillotine against mighty mouse and he scrambled his legs like a fish out of water. I love it, other fighters do it as well.

-The commentary is drastically improved, "go get some Donald Cerr-one!", I love it. Rogan has some fantastic lines, and Goldberg has good ones as well, canned from real fights. Freaking awesome. I do miss some of the snarky comments from the crowd, that seems way toned down from first game

-the fighter models (not all of them), some fighters look absolutely fantastic imo, way better than last game.

-Hendricks is usable, and I can beat champs something at the lower levels using average fighters.

- I always pick every weight class, in ufc 1 for example women's bw was almost always Holm vs Holm.

-Aldo I never use him, but him in the first game was a travesty imo, but in this game he can be a killer.

-live event competition, I didn't play much and it might have been wonky IDK, but it shows innovation and wanting to progress. Neat idea.

-double confirmation, even though some rabble -rousers still try and trick you

Probably more I can think off and add later

Anyone else want to recognize improvements made from ufc 1 to ufc 2 that they really like to recognize in chance important dudes might read them? If any of those dudes have me blocked not sure if they will see other users input though.
Hey, don't worry about moaning. I find myself being negative about the game but it's not coz i'm trying to bash it, it's more my frustrations with it than anything.

Live picks - I love this mode and trying to unlock the best card packs.

250+ fighters.

Ultimate team was great for a while. Just not sure it was implemented in the best way.

All the new moves, positions added.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
Banned

This is not as much as a what they have added answer for me, but more of a what they haven't added. I would like the ability in the future to choose which gameplay version (Patch) I want to play with, or have the ability to play with no tuner at all while still keeping the fighter updates.

Now I'm not going to bash EA, because honestly this is a great game. Back in March!!!! The patches have completely ruined this game for me. I do not play online. I have never have never will. I just don't enjoy the cheese that goes on in every online match up play of any sports games. Even dating back to UFC Undisputed 2009 I have been playing every UFC game offline setting up my own events, champions etc. etc. This is Just what I enjoy doing.

I feel like this is a reoccurring theme for EA. Every year that put out great titles that I enjoy out of the box with some slider adjustments (Madden, NHL), and then as soon as the online community gets a hold of the game and start complaining and they put a patch that is largely geared towards online play. Its to the point that anytime I actually enjoy an EA game I am scared to death to plug my playstation 4 into the internet.

Lets call a spade a spade. Most patches EA puts out are to counter online cheese as opposed to actually improving gameplay or Bugs. I mean shoot, look at the last patch. They even added in a brand new transition just to stop back sitting position cheese.

I understand there need to appease the online players. They spend the money through Ultimate team and what not. Once I buy a game my add on purchases mostly consist of additional fighter packs and that is about it. But does my $60 not matter to you? Just give me the ability to choose not to use the tuner you put out and use the one I want!

Now I know a lot of people are enjoying the patch, but the patch notes are complete BS in my opinion. They tried to say they tuned fighter AI. This is not true. Case in Point last night I did a Conor vs Nate 5 round fight. In the first round Diaz was throwing nothing but head and body kicks. Even rocked me a few times. At the end of the fight I checked the round stats and he had thrown 47 kicks to 16 punches. WTH is that?!?! They want you to believe they tuned the AI but all they really did was add stuff so that online people would not disappear and cut off their never ending supply of UT money. Loved this game when it first came out. But sadly once again another game ruined that will be going to gamestop while it still has value, so that I can get a break on NBA2k in October.

All I want is the ability to pick and choose which Gameplay update I want to use offline or choose not to use one at all.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #8
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
As frustrating as it has become, UT is by far my favorite addition this year. Live Event Competition is a close second.
same here

(although mostly, I'm having a ton of fun w/ UT without much of an issue, sure it's a bit of a grind, and having my OVR 78 face an OVR 96 can be a pain in the *** sometimes, but still a very fun mode!)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »