Home

Change The Default Clinch Against Cage Position

This is a discussion on Change The Default Clinch Against Cage Position within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Change The Default Clinch Against Cage Position

This was discussed a bit in a couple previous posts related to clinching, but I didn't see any Dev comments or thoughts on this, so I figured I would start up a post specifically focused on this topic.

Right now I believe the Clinch Against Cage is overpowered. Not *only* because denial window is a bit too small, but mainly because every single fighter automatically goes straight to MT clinch against cage (by far the most dominant position)

IMO your default clinch against cage position should be based on your STYLE.

i.e. Wrestler starts with Double Underhooks against cage; Boxer is single collar; MT starts in...well...MT of course

Thoughts?? I really think this makes a lot of sense. How often would Johny Hendricks obtain insta MT clinch against cage? Hardly ever. But double underhooks, or at least over/under? All day.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: Change The Default Clinch Against Cage Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
This was discussed a bit in a couple previous posts related to clinching, but I didn't see any Dev comments or thoughts on this, so I figured I would start up a post specifically focused on this topic.

Right now I believe the Clinch Against Cage is overpowered. Not *only* because denial window is a bit too small, but mainly because every single fighter automatically goes straight to MT clinch against cage (by far the most dominant position)

IMO your default clinch against cage position should be based on your STYLE.

i.e. Wrestler starts with Double Underhooks against cage; Boxer is single collar; MT starts in...well...MT of course

Thoughts?? I really think this makes a lot of sense. How often would Johny Hendricks obtain insta MT clinch against cage? Hardly ever. But double underhooks, or at least over/under? All day.
Awesome points, and idea.

I support this 100%

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
Banned

Yes Boiler hit it on the head again. This needs to be changed.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Good ideas. I honestly hate clinch against the cage putting you into a dominant clinch position right away though. You should have to work for it imo. If you just default clinch someone and their back is against the cage, it should go to whatever default clinch position it is. Whether it be over/under or single collar tie. You should have to go for thai clinch or double unders yourself, granted your fighter has it in their moveset. It shouldn't be automatic imo. This idea is good too though.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #5
Rookie

100% agree with this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 06:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Actually I'd agree but since there are so many people online that gave their back on the fence the whole time I actually think the instant MT clinch is a good way to punish them for running away because I hate playing catch up, but yeah, it's kinda op.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #7
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

All entries should be over/under by default, and single collar as the modified entry for MT instead. It needs to be worked for. Against the cage should be over/under as well, with the option to go to single collar.

I like the idea of styles determining this though. Although, some guys that are already really good to use will still have this and you will see them picked a lot more. Either way, they need to make the MT clinch have to be worked for, and I love the clinch. I would rather have to work for the strongest position though.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
All entries should be over/under by default, and single collar as the modified entry for MT instead. It needs to be worked for. Against the cage should be over/under as well, with the option to go to single collar.

I like the idea of styles determining this though. Although, some guys that are already really good to use will still have this and you will see them picked a lot more. Either way, they need to make the MT clinch have to be worked for, and I love the clinch. I would rather have to work for the strongest position though.
I agree that over/under needs to be the default entry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »