Home

Stand up, a hot mess.

This is a discussion on Stand up, a hot mess. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stand up, a hot mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
Exactly this! I think GC and the Top 100 guys would have cried too much if they've kept the one shot ko's. They want total control. Game would be so much more fun with more elements of danger! It's just boring the way it is now. Same for me: I don't play the game for weeks and when I play I have enough after 2 fights. Just boring.

Agreed. To actually make it HARDER for people who pick their shots and use timing and movement to get a win is absurd.

Why does playing realistically in EA UFC 2 not matter? Because timing a one shot KO doesn't work, EVER.

EA completely neutered sim players in this regard. You HAVE TO button mash and exploit stun combo's.

I got a 5 hit combo that's a guaranteed win, EVERY TIME. Drops the opponent on the 5th shot and they can't recover. But, it would be nice to also have the option of timing my strikes for a one hitter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #26
Rookie

This is techically the best MMA game ever made.

But I stopped playing it after 2 months so something about it isn't right and I played every MMA/Fight night game pretty much 1/2 years.

Some one summed up this game perfectly earlier...infuriating.

And when stuff doesn't register.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Absolutely not. The striking and balance in THQ UFC3 on sim mode was much better than this. Sim mode was unbelievable and made that game fantastic but they did the most idiotic thing ever and made the causal mode ranked. Just made no sense and ruined the longevity of that game. This game looks better and the animations can look better but in that game you actually could perform what you set out to do and be successful mixing it up in different ways.
I've played both games extensively. My opinion is that EA UFC 2 is light-years better than UD3.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
I've played both games extensively. My opinion is that EA UFC 2 is light-years better than UD3.
Striking isn't but other than that I agree although i think UD3 definitely felt more realistic of the two. Both have their plus points, the grappling on this one is great, Subs, graphics and some of the animations.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #29
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet
Striking isn't but other than that I agree although i think UD3 definitely felt more realistic of the two. Both have their plus points, the grappling on this one is great, Subs, graphics and some of the animations.
There was no fluidity though. The main problem with the striking this game is the hit stuns and reactions. They are the same. So you can do the same combos over and over like it was an arcade game. The hit reactions need to be less dramatic unless it is a counter. Even then, it should be based on stats and stamina. You see those body kicks last night? They didn't cause the hit reaction these do. You only get that kind of reaction when they are hurt. The hit stuns/reactions need toned down in certain areas so the unrealistic combos don't work. Who ends a 5 strike combo with a spinning head kick? No one. Those have to be set up. I would like to see a small hit reaction from a body strike, but not enough to effect your blocking for the next incoming strike. The head ones seem fine except for the ones that allow a loop. There should be no loops.

What they can do though with this game remains to be seen. We might have to wait for next game for something different. There is just too much that needs changed to the stand up. More stamina drain, more perma stamina drain, more exaggerated animations for no stamina. Slower movement while sitting on block. Arm fatigue for sitting on block. Parries tied to the timing of when the block starts. Combo multiplier tuned so the last strike has more power, but not as much as it has right now. (The multiplier is actually a good thing if implemented right.) Certain strikes stopping takedowns. (This is obviously harder to fix than we think because we complained about this last game and it is more than likely physics based and not just as simple as making them not knock you down or not stop a takedown.) Longer lasting damage. If you watched the fights last night, you know that fighters tire the longer a fight goes on. This isn't just from stamina. This is also from damage taken.

There is plenty wrong with the stand up. However, the rest of the game makes up for it. The clinch is great. The ground is amazing, except against high level guys. But hey, the ground sucked against them on every game.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
There was no fluidity though. The main problem with the striking this game is the hit stuns and reactions. They are the same. So you can do the same combos over and over like it was an arcade game. The hit reactions need to be less dramatic unless it is a counter. Even then, it should be based on stats and stamina. You see those body kicks last night? They didn't cause the hit reaction these do. You only get that kind of reaction when they are hurt. The hit stuns/reactions need toned down in certain areas so the unrealistic combos don't work. Who ends a 5 strike combo with a spinning head kick? No one. Those have to be set up. I would like to see a small hit reaction from a body strike, but not enough to effect your blocking for the next incoming strike. The head ones seem fine except for the ones that allow a loop. There should be no loops.

What they can do though with this game remains to be seen. We might have to wait for next game for something different. There is just too much that needs changed to the stand up. More stamina drain, more perma stamina drain, more exaggerated animations for no stamina. Slower movement while sitting on block. Arm fatigue for sitting on block. Parries tied to the timing of when the block starts. Combo multiplier tuned so the last strike has more power, but not as much as it has right now. (The multiplier is actually a good thing if implemented right.) Certain strikes stopping takedowns. (This is obviously harder to fix than we think because we complained about this last game and it is more than likely physics based and not just as simple as making them not knock you down or not stop a takedown.) Longer lasting damage. If you watched the fights last night, you know that fighters tire the longer a fight goes on. This isn't just from stamina. This is also from damage taken.

There is plenty wrong with the stand up. However, the rest of the game makes up for it. The clinch is great. The ground is amazing, except against high level guys. But hey, the ground sucked against them on every game.

Yeah, I agree it wasn't very fluid but that was more a product of the times thats why I left it out. The stand up is all over place simply because it is unbalanced compared to the other aspects of the game.

Then you have GC's encouraging spam and cheese by passing it off as realistic and encouraging people to actively try get hit stuns so you can do Mortal Combat combos.

I don't think we will see change in this one but UFC 3 I think we will see alot of changes, hopefully we see the end of game changers aswell although some of them are cool cats.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #31
Rookie

Striking is really just button mashing jabs until someone throws an overhand in. You can't pick your shots because you'll take at least 2 or 3 in return every time. It's a straight brawl every fight and then a stalling match on the ground against the higher level players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #32
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet
Yeah, I agree it wasn't very fluid but that was more a product of the times thats why I left it out. The stand up is all over place simply because it is unbalanced compared to the other aspects of the game.
That was a product of their design. Fight Night series was fluid. EA MMA was more fluid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »