Home

Snarky Moderators/ EA love affair

This is a discussion on Snarky Moderators/ EA love affair within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #89
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Snarky Moderators/ EA love affair

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTraneUFC
Absolutely agree, the Mods here are insanely trigger happy. Old forums were so much better even with the spam.

What some mods don't realize is that even multiple threads regarding similar topics are better than having to wave through 8 pages of one topic. Different people, different perspectives.

Look at Sherdog, one of the best forums I've seen in my life, do you think they close down every single thread that has to do with a similar topic? No. When they warn you, they warn you. There is leeway, they have a "wasteland". They manage to regulate the forums, allowing for controversial threads to be made AND at the same time things aren't completly amuck (as mods would like you to believe its either police-forum or chaos).

Not to mention, you need to wait a while to even be able to post topics. And its so easy to get banned that pretty much the main thing you can do is kiss the devs on the butts. I can't decide nowadays if a post will get me banned or not. If I say "Xxx was a ****ty feature"

Then oops. I'm banned. We're too Pg-13 here. I glimpse here once a while to see if the Devs will do anything, but facts are facts. The amount of activity on these forums is horrific. Mods actually make up probably a majority of the activity. These forums will never be great like Sherdog at this point. The feedback is so dry.

On a side note, I agree with Big that this is partially Fishingtime's responsiblity. Lets say you get a disease visiting a country, but you bring it back to your home country. Even though you didn't willingly get the disease, you infected your home country. You could have easily made a new acc, I make new accs all the time. Like Big said, its probably for internet fame you didn't.
Three things -

- This forum has been operating in this type of manner for well over 10 years and is still growing. This site will never be more than PG, and now of the staff want it to be. You mention Sherdog - if you enjoy the way that forum is run then I would absolutely say that you should spend your time there. As you stated - different strokes for different folks (and i have no problem with that opinion).

- I'm serious about the fishing time stuff ending. It's not a disease. It's continued because people (on both sides) keep talking about. When it comes to OS - it no longer exists and if it continues to be brought up we'll continue to weed out those who do.

- Saying a feature is ****ty will get you banned, because that comment has no bearing on any conversation. You don't need to kiss dev's butts, but you need to be constructive and give reasoning ("Not a fan of feature A because of X, Y and Z" is EXPECTED of users here, because it explains your point of view and promotes better conversation).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 06-01-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

So I've been coming to OS daily for over a decade and when I say daily I mean HOURS a day are spent browsing OS. Now, I've had my issues in the past with simple yellow cards from getting a bit "rough" so to speak on some topics. This past week was the first time I've ever been banned (7 days) and to put that in some perspective on OS you don't get "temp" banned, its perm 99.9% of the time. I'll tell you guys like I told Mill, I take pride in being respected around OS and I'd like to hope most the long time guys here feel that way. Yet, last week it came to a boiling point for me (not how I normally post). Exactly what this thread represents is what this subforum has turned into, outside drama, bullying, and certain people making the most noise to get attention.

I enjoy talking about the game, its mechanics, under the hood functions, how features can be improved, what can be added/removed, and so on. Now, this thread.................who do you think wants to read this crap? I understand Mill is making a point and letting everyone finally squash it but I'm asking from a serious place, people come to read about EA UFC 2 and stumbles in on this drama, you think this is what they came for?

I guess my point with this post, I've always enjoyed coming to OS and having intelligent conversations on many different games. It is what also attracts game developers to OS, they can read more thought out, well written dissections of their product. I want to see these types of conversations from the new guys, lets quit with the petty stuff, discuss the game, and enjoy playing around with gameplay ideas............not this stuff.

Last edited by Phobia; 06-01-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #91
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

And with that, now I believe the thread has come to close.

If you still have issues with the forum I implore you to message myself or a mod directly. I will take the time to do whatever I can to help with your issue or at the very least allow you to understand what happened.

Thank you everyone that kept this civil. I'm sure you can all see that a certain standard will be held from now on, and I hope everyone can share their voice while adhering to said standard.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »