Home

The most tiring thing in MMA is failed takedowns

This is a discussion on The most tiring thing in MMA is failed takedowns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
The most tiring thing in MMA is failed takedowns

From the lips of Brian Stann. I've long asked for permanent stamina drain on failed takedowns. Again I guess this comes down to how sim they want it. Barao noticeably slowed down after all those failed takedowns in Round 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: The most tiring thing in MMA is failed takedowns

You watching the fights? How often you see fighters turtling there hands in from of face, maybe .01% of time, lol.

No spoilers here but good show. I agree with above post but I feel the stamina drain is already very extreme.

This issue for me (I could be wrong) is that the nerfs to the takedowns and spinning attacks really don't effect champs that much, but the average fighters are penalized significantly

(Edit). I like the idea of a stamina penalty going into next round if there was a decent amount stuffed takedowns.

Last edited by Dave_S; 05-29-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Ya I'm referring to your permanent stamina. If I stuff 4-5 takedowns in Round one I should have a stamina advantage in the next round. Ya I watched the fights. No head movement. At all. Figured that might happen....
Old 05-30-2016, 01:16 AM   #4
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

"Fixing" permanant stamina is not as easy as going in there and messing with a few numbers.

-Long term stamina is dictated by the use of short term stamina, so messing with one messes with the other.
- It could cause an imbalance in UT and make it nearly unplayable when starting off with a low OVR CAF.
- If they make sim stamina changes they need to mess with strike damage as well. So it doesnt take as many strikes to KO someone.

There are risks involved with making drastic changes. It is not a simple fix.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
From the lips of Brian Stann. I've long asked for permanent stamina drain on failed takedowns. Again I guess this comes down to how sim they want it. Barao noticeably slowed down after all those failed takedowns in Round 2.
Stan also said whiffing strong strikes tires you out as well, there should be as much of a drain from over striking as there is from getting takedowns STUFFED, now if you miss completely you shouldn't get drained because it doesn't drain you to just dash forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
My only issue with this is that Stann is referring to the struggle takedowns on the cage where a fighter tries to take someone down for a while. The problem is UFC 2 doesnt have those types of takedowns in the game (It should but thats another point)

Shooting for a takedown and having someone push you off or sprawl isnt the most taxing thing in MMA.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
My only issue with this is that Stann is referring to the struggle takedowns on the cage where a fighter tries to take someone down for a while. The problem is UFC 2 doesnt have those types of takedowns in the game (It should but thats another point)

Shooting for a takedown and having someone push you off or sprawl isnt the most taxing thing in MMA.
No Stann was referring to having his 7 I believe takedowns stuffed. That's definitely taxing. In regards to ZHunter. I wish I could remember who posted this years ago. They were playing I assume at EA with Brian Hayes and a few others. Said he complained about the permanent stamina. Hayes said hang on a minute. Went and adjusted a few things and immediately it played more sim. So this notion its some huge change I simply disagree with. Perhaps it could alter UT but that game mode is already messed up.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
No Stann was referring to having his 7 I believe takedowns stuffed. That's definitely taxing. In regards to ZHunter. I wish I could remember who posted this years ago. They were playing I assume at EA with Brian Hayes and a few others. Said he complained about the permanent stamina. Hayes said hang on a minute. Went and adjusted a few things and immediately it played more sim. So this notion its some huge change I simply disagree with. Perhaps it could alter UT but that game mode is already messed up.
I dont remember seeing anything like that, even if it were true, it wasn't a build sent out to the masses which could have caused unintended consequences for everyone.

I gave you an answer.
But hey, believe what you want man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »