Home

Ufc 2 live competition

This is a discussion on Ufc 2 live competition within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ufc 2 live competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2WinIsNow
Nah it doesn't matter, nothing matters, let em get away with whatever they want , integrity means nothing , guess i'll go mow the lawn at 11:30 at night, or nah why bother, it'll just grow back
Dude u just mad cuz you suck at the game now you and anyone else who just come here and bitch and moan should just gtfo.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #34
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
Obviously but you won't find another game that has any kind of competition asking participants to play different qualifiers on different patches.
Why take a bigger chance of lashback from putting out a patch in the middle of a competition that might have consequences for how you play? You could have someone going from winning a lot, to eliminated because of the patch. Would be a lot better if that patch was already out and people can practice with it first. Having a patch in between two qualifiers still keeps the integrity because everyone will know and start the competition with the knowledge of the patch, and what it changes.

An example of a huge problem: Players goes 50-2. New patch is released. Player can't deny the takedown from the clinch because he doesn't have the timing right. Player loses. Has to start all over now. End of competition is near. Others adapted right away. They keep winning, and the person who lost starts crying foul. "How could you add a patch in the middle of a competition! I could have won!"

Now multiply that by a thousand. Which would have been better? Starting the competition after, or during the patch release? The answer is to start the competition with the patch in place. Equal playing field.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:54 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Why take a bigger chance of lashback from putting out a patch in the middle of a competition that might have consequences for how you play? You could have someone going from winning a lot, to eliminated because of the patch. Would be a lot better if that patch was already out and people can practice with it first. Having a patch in between two qualifiers still keeps the integrity because everyone will know and start the competition with the knowledge of the patch, and what it changes.

An example of a huge problem: Players goes 50-2. New patch is released. Player can't deny the takedown from the clinch because he doesn't have the timing right. Player loses. Has to start all over now. End of competition is near. Others adapted right away. They keep winning, and the person who lost starts crying foul. "How could you add a patch in the middle of a competition! I could have won!"

Now multiply that by a thousand. Which would have been better? Starting the competition after, or during the patch release? The answer is to start the competition with the patch in place. Equal playing field.
You'remissing the point, Is there something outrageously broken that's in need of a dire fix? There's already been one qualifier and that went fine why put out a patch in the middle of any qualifier? Let the tournament/qualifer play out then patch after it and give the people who qualify a good period of time to practice on the new patch.
Youtube
Twitch

Last edited by MaccaC; 06-01-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #36
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

I'm glad they're doing the new patch ASAP.

If they were to wait for the whole competition to end we'd be waiting a while for another patch. Screw that noise.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #37
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I sort of get the argument that's being made here --- but it's a pretty lame one lol

EA didn't even have to do this $10k tournament; so can we really bitch? lol

Also --- the patch takes priority over the LEC, so while it's not necessarily....conventional...to have two qualifiers with two separate patches....assuming this next patch is very successful, this is actually a good thing as the people qualifying in this second qualifier would be 'more legit' so to speak (presuming the patch makes game 'more legit' lol)

Plus the 99.98% of people not vying for a spot for Vegas will benefit from this patch, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one

Finally...everyone chill out....I understanding trying your absolute hardest to win this competition, but there are probably only a half dozen people who have a chance at winning this thing per console, and just about none of us fall into that category even the best of us lol (I simply can't dedicate the time/stress/etc. and even if I could take the whole week off work lol I'd probably still fail to break the top 10, some real killers out there...or nerds...whatever you call 'em )
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #38
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Is this next LEC the last one, or is there supposed to be more?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but it seems odd they'd add an entirely new section to the video game if they're only doing 2 qualifiers.

I mean, it makes no difference to mean either way. I'm just curious.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #39
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
Is this next LEC the last one, or is there supposed to be more?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but it seems odd they'd add an entirely new section to the video game if they're only doing 2 qualifiers.

I mean, it makes no difference to mean either way. I'm just curious.
From everything I've gathered the past few weeks --- this is the final LEC qualifier for Vegas --- but they will be holding other, similar LECs in the future, no word on if they'll only have digital prizes (i.e. UT packs) for those future ones, or if they'll throw in some autographed memorabilia for the top 100 fighters....
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #40
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Sounds good.

Hopefully they'll continue to do something more with it after the tournament.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »