Home

Is anyone else just awful at denials?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else just awful at denials? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #17
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone else just awful at denials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
The grappling is a great concept, but as soon as a game has a slight delay it completely falls apart. Denies stop working, meters don't fill, etc.
Yup nothing kills me more than going for a transition and a perfect swoop --- it would have worked 110% perfectly offline or with minimal lag...but there's a lag spike, and somehow, someway, my perfect swoop transition that would have easily succeeded, stalls out, and turns into a separate transtion, which is easily reversed

I blame the NSA
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #18
Rookie

@Gameplaydev and community....

Whats the hypothetical fix for this? Personally I think increasing the denial times would help the problem in laggy matches, but it would seriously become a problem/imbalance when you have a good connection. For all we know the opposing player is suffering from the same problem when you aren't....

For me personally, I get enough latency to create problems with denials in about 50% of my matches. It is definitely frustrating. The ground game has been designed so well and it's a shame to see matchmaking/connection destroy the ground game. What I don't understand is why I can so easily arm trap 85 percent of the time but my denials don't register? I assume the denial window is shorter.

I know for a fact that my issues aren't stat related. I often get dominated on the ground by predictable opponents that never fake or do anything out of the ordinary. When I review their stats after the match, I more often than not see an opponent with severely inferior ground stats.

This could be a healthy conversation to have. I would love to hear a little from the devs about the networking aspects that create this problem.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #19
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK90

Whats the hypothetical fix for this? Personally I think increasing the denial times would help the problem in laggy matches, but it would seriously become a problem/imbalance when you have a good connection. For all we know the opposing player is suffering from the same problem when you aren't....

For me personally, I get enough latency to create problems with denials in about 50% of my matches. It is definitely frustrating. The ground game has been designed so well and it's a shame to see matchmaking/connection destroy the ground game. What I don't understand is why I can so easily arm trap 85 percent of the time but my denials don't register? I assume the denial window is shorter.

I know for a fact that my issues aren't stat related. I often get dominated on the ground by predictable opponents that never fake or do anything out of the ordinary. When I review their stats after the match, I more often than not see an opponent with severely inferior ground stats.

This could be a healthy conversation to have. I would love to hear a little from the devs about the networking aspects that create this problem.
No clue. They already have compensation in for latency.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #20
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK90

I'm definitely no computer/network guru

But would be neat if they could have a dynamic 'adjustment' for lag

So if ping < 50ms....no adjustment...ping between 50 and 150 ms....a slight adjustment (i.e. widening of denial windows)....ping between 150 and 250ms...large adjustment....ping > 250ms....WTF is this 1996 ??? How do we have 250ms+ ping still???
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-05-2016, 02:34 AM   #21
Banned

they just dont work with the latency. when you see a move its to late already
been telling them for months
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #22
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a big problem that needs to be fixed.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 06-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Same for me, I deny almost every computer transition, but online only about 50%.
Yap that's it, that's the main reason...input lag!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #24
MVP

but how some guys just deny everything even fakes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »