Home

Is anyone else just awful at denials?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else just awful at denials? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone else just awful at denials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK90
What I don't understand is why I can so easily arm trap 85 percent of the time
I have trouble arm trapping. No clue how occasionally someone can arm trap me nearly 100% of the time, even if they are terrible at the game. I switch up my timing, change arms, etc. I think it's just lag.

As far as denials get, yes I'm bad too, despite impeccable timing that allowed me to be elite at past UFC games. I'm positive it's the lag. People keep saying DO NOT DENY PREEMPTIVELY!, but outside of a few of the slower animations, this is the ONLY way it works for me. I just have to guess. It's better to get the denial/reversal 30-50% of the time by guessing before the animation than keep hitting it perfectly and getting 10% denials. Unfortunately, it means I can never be elite at this game online.

Almost worse than the lagged denials is lagged GnP. I routinely have full stam and opponent has none. They spam transitions over and over. Doesn't matter if I deny them all day, they can just stall and stall by spamming them. IT NEVER LETS ME STRIKE. They can initiate trans before a single strike can ever land... all day long. Happens all the time to me. Anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #26
Rookie

its pretty clear that its lag most of the time if you want to test if its you or lag go fight the computer and take them down and try to deny their transitions.

if you hit 95% of them in that scenario like me then if you are missing online you know its lag. also if its ultimate team take stats into account too if your top game is 80 and their OTB is 100 you aint denying anything.

basically if you notice your transitions are unnaturally slow even with full stam desperately try to get up because there is no way to beat a somewhat competent player with higher ground stats on the ground. deny windows become massive for them and non existent for you and if you both start a transition at the same time theirs will always finish first
Old 06-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #27
Banned

Yup, latency is the sole reason I don't grapple online. Only offline but the AI is OP on the ground ):

So yeah I think this game needs some work to make it great in my eyes.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #28
Banned

you almost have to give up the denials online and learn to fight without most of them. the one you can get that you mentioned from half guard to full mount. the only reason that works is because its one of the only denials thats preemptive like from the old game.

the rest really dont work online your almost better to just learn to play without it. most of the community had too

sucks though the new game is so crappy your moves dont count and they released it to the public like this.
warframe is more responsive. lol
Old 06-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #29
Pro

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this, but you're saying half guard to mount denial can just be held (just hold R2+right stick) without any regard for timing? I didn't know that.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #30
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

It makes no sense, why did all the previous games have no such problem yet this game is plagued by it?

Why the complete silence from devs on it?

I have been saying this since the damn game came out and not a ****ing answer, i am really getting fed up.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #31
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

Why again are preemptive denials not allowed? If you know they're going to go for it, why should you have to wait?

If strikes broke the denial, so that you'd have to reenter it, and preemptive denials could not trigger reversals, i dont see why denying early would be OP. Also have it lock in so you cant wait one direction and flop to the other, that would be important as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #32
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I have no prob denying transitions.

I still think preemptive denials make way more sense anyway.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »