Home

New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07

This is a discussion on New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #73
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Zero work from an engineering perspective since the clinch and ground fall under the same grappling system, but we'd need animations which we currently don't have.

Edit: Unless there are animations currently in the game that could be easily re-purposed to be convincing reversals.

Can't promise anything, but feel free to make some suggestions with that in mind.
I think some takedown reversals could also work for clinch reversals.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #74
Pro

With what's currently in the game I think you just may have the animations needed. I think the biggest clinch reversal you could do is against the cage Thai clinch entry, switching positions where the attacker gets turned with their back against the cage to over/under.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #75
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
With what's currently in the game I think you just may have the animations needed. I think the biggest clinch reversal you could do is against the cage Thai clinch entry, switching positions where the attacker gets turned with their back against the cage to over/under.
I like this. I'm all for making the clinch more difficult, but like this. More options to defend. Less about taking things away. They have to take things away right now, but if they can add more defenses, go for it!

Maybe even use the throw/trip from MT face out as a counter. You are already putting your hands up towards their head. Imagine how many times someone would try to clinch if the opponent kept throwing them to the ground and getting a free strike or two. That is one of my favorite moves after SUGATA was talking about these.

Imagine a guy trying to clinch you, and this happens to him:

Definitely going to make them rethink clinching the other player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #76
MVP

I made a similar suggestion earlier with the clinch parries

Getting clinch reversals for punches would be nice as well tying up aggressiveness with counter clinch.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #77
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
yup this is the exact one I was thinking of --- if they try to clinch you against cage; and you deny very early (reversal) --- you flip them around into the cage into Double Under or Over Under

Perhaps another clinch reversal would be in the middle of the Octagon --- they go for a clinch; you deny it within the reversal window; and you judo throw them

(imagine someone trying to clinch Ronda or Khabib --- they're going to get flipped right quick!)

Perhaps one/neither of those are 'default' so that only high level judo/wrestlers get it; but I think the animations are in there for those type of reversals
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-01-2016, 03:18 PM   #78
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I made a similar suggestion earlier with the clinch parries

Getting clinch reversals for punches would be nice as well tying up aggressiveness with counter clinch.
I think yours would work for next game, and completely agree with the arm traps and everything else.

I love the clinch, but would actually use these. Right now, I rarely even try and deny the clinch just to see if the other guy is even good there lol.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I think yours would work for next game, and completely agree with the arm traps and everything else.

I love the clinch, but would actually use these. Right now, I rarely even try and deny the clinch just to see if the other guy is even good there lol.
IMO these are relatively practical as patchwork- things like fully fleshed out submission positions, real time physics grappling (less static grappling animations), moveset editor, and individualized striking animations would be something that would be EAUFC3 material.

I feel clinch parries/reversals, standing arm traps, head traps, clinch punch health events, etc are reasonable within the current patch timeframe. The major major overhauls being in for the next game like the widely requested 'TBS' etc.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #80
Rookie

Do any of the practice modes allow one to practice these different momentum sweeps?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »