Home

New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07

This is a discussion on New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #89
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07

If we get that many. Remember, they had a beta and a 10 hour full game trial before release. I think we got all the patches by the game trial though. Still, the support we got actually started earlier this time because all we had was a demo for them to gather feedback on. The day one patch last time didn't really count. These do though because they had a lot of real feedback. Not just player vs AI feedback on a limited demo.

I think we will get to 1.10, but more because of content patches. Roster update fighters, maybe more legends.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #90
MVP

I understand by the time the game was released we were already on 1.03 so there are likely few patches left. I'd expect support till the end of the year, sept at the earliest. I'd think it's reasonable to expect at least some gameplay patches especially since it's primarily been tuning so far.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #91
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Zero work from an engineering perspective since the clinch and ground fall under the same grappling system, but we'd need animations which we currently don't have.

Edit: Unless there are animations currently in the game that could be easily re-purposed to be convincing reversals.

Can't promise anything, but feel free to make some suggestions with that in mind.
Well,this seems like a pretty easy reversal to be added as the animation isn't really that long and it could be a combination of judo throw counters with a combination of over under or double under:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdcQ...utu.be&t=6m42s

This was my post a few days ago:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...h-counter.html

I pretty much had the same video and a single leg counter as a referance as i couldn't find one about judo reversal,like the one Daniel Cormier has,for double leg takedown i believe.

I understand that you don't have the animations,but a really usefull counter would be,when standing near the cage,to be able,to reverse the opponent initiating that muay thai clinch to the cage,but i guess it won't be happening ,although there is the Single Collar Clinch on the cage,where you have already got a reversal,holding L1/LB+right stick torwards or away your opponent to switch places in the clinch and free your back and put your opponent on his back against the clinch,so i guess it could sort of be also implemented?

The first one however,seems much simpler,i am sure you could combine some animations to get it done,without requiring any new ones,one of those animations is,when You have your back against the cage,yet you are the one with the thai clinch grip and you press the L2+Right Stick UP to throw your opponent down.However i believe you have your hands on your opponent's neck,but you do kind of throw him to the side,kinda like the video.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-01-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 08:41 PM   #92
MVP

Red face Re: New Grappling Momentum Scenarios Coming in EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.07

Clinch parries/reversals are something that have to be patched in it its a pretty common tie up.

I have illustrated this point with countless gifs.

Maybe few more ll
Spoiler
Old 06-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #93
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I would really like that in a follow up title. It happens all the time.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #94
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Please give us a guard pull transition from all clinch positions except for sub muay thai.

Use the flying guillotine animation as a base for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »