Home

NEW Stand-up STRIKING mechanics for EA UFC 3 (concept, ideas, discussions)

This is a discussion on NEW Stand-up STRIKING mechanics for EA UFC 3 (concept, ideas, discussions) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #17
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NEW Stand-up STRIKING mechanics for EA UFC 3 (concept, ideas, discussions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I made some corrections about SA coefficient and strikes crushing, so please send them the last edited version.
Also, during future discussions and adjustments here i will add new info to my 1st post or make some corrections. so the 1st post in this thread will be always the most complicated and actual.
GPD if your team will have any questions this is always welcome to find the answers within our community.
Again, imho the now the only one major issue exist in EA UFC - the stand up striking mechanics. New stand up striking in future EA UFC 3 alone will be a kill feature (must have)! Striking change must to be your main priority for UFC 3 as i think.
I'm really busy the next couple of days, but I do think there are some interesting discussions that could come out of this post.

I'll bring them up when I get the chance.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #18
Banned

Great job going into so much detail, but dude this game just came out and your already talking about the next one! Is UFC going to be a yearly thing like Madden or sporadically like it has been? If yearly then this post doesn't bother me as much, but if it's 2 years from the next one, then they need to fix UFC 2 with some of your ideas.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I was a bit skeptical at first lol, I thought brizzo had a different username here for some reason.
So did I. :/
Old 06-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #20
MVP

Great detailed thread hope this gets looked into. The advanced basics in eaufc2 is pretty high level anyway, this takes it further.

I hope shift, switch, step through strikes make a revamped return too
Old 06-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #21
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung444
Great job going into so much detail, but dude this game just came out and your already talking about the next one! Is UFC going to be a yearly thing like Madden or sporadically like it has been? If yearly then this post doesn't bother me as much, but if it's 2 years from the next one, then they need to fix UFC 2 with some of your ideas.
1. As i know a develop process of the next game usually begins soon after prev game release. At least in dev plan and graphics, they decided what they need to do for the next game and how to do it in time.
So as the striking is still the most complaining element in EA UFC i think this thread was created in right time.
2. As i said devs can to _test and tune_ some feature of new mechanics and try to implement it by patch in EA UFC 2 if they wish.
- for example evolve striking intercept based on final striking damage (#3 - Crushing).
- try in implement difference in startup speed for the same strike types between short and long reach fighters to bring more balance between them and make the gameplay more diverse/various and deep (#5 Short vs Reach fighters balance).

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-01-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung444
This is actually the perfect time for Sugata to suggest this for the next game even if its 2 years away. If the devs were to implement this it would give them plenty of time to implement, test and add on to this system.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

SUGATA how do you know this much? You must of worked for someone in this field before and is looking for a job. lol J/K
Old 06-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #24
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
SUGATA how do you know this much? You must of worked for someone in this field before and is looking for a job. lol J/K
Nah, guys that get into these arcade fighters really get into it if they are competitive. I was worried the striking would be too arcade with two Game Changers constantly bringing those games up.

However, they still need aspects from it for striking. My main concern isn't with the striking, but what it does. In terms of hit reactions, we need those to be randomized or toned down so you aren't seeing a lot of the combos we see now. This isn't an arcade fighter, so combos having the same effect over and over is what makes it feel arcade. If you randomize the hit reactions, and make some actually knock you out of range, then you don't have the arcade feel of the same combo doing the same thing every time. That doesn't happen in MMA. That to me is what makes the stand up feel arcade. Not so much the combo multiplier which does effect these, but the actual hit reactions. Those are the problem in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »