Home

Why I'm Still Playing UFC 2

This is a discussion on Why I'm Still Playing UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #9
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why I'm Still Playing UFC 2

While I still play and have fun, the amount of time I can play before getting really bored has dwindled. UT has lost all of it's luster considering I have played 2000+ fights and my best fighter is an 83 OVR. Ranked is cool, but fighting the same character over and over gets tiring.

Idk, it just really bums me out what UT has become. It really is pay to win....grinding isn't even an option if you want a 90+ OVR CAF like a lot of people have.

Last edited by JRed529; 06-01-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #10
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
While I still play and have fun, the amount of time I can play before getting really bored has dwindled. UT has lost all of it's luster considering I have played 2000+ fights and my best fighter is an 83 OVR. Ranked is cool, but fighting the same character over and over gets tiring.

Idk, it just really bums me out what UT has become. It really is play to win....grinding isn't even an option if you want a 90+ OVR CAF like a lot of people have.
yea I'll give you that; even with about 750 UT fights under my belt, my CAFs are 80; 78; 78; 77; 74 --- going up against guys in the mid-80s, no real problem, but going up against a 93 or a 97 or something.....yea......little to no hope lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

The game isn't bad and it's still fun to play. It just could be alot better than it currently is and if your coming from the undisputed series, you'll know the game still has some catching up to do in terms of what is possible in gameplay and in game modes. Hoping UFC 3 will finally put an end to all of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529

Idk, it just really bums me out what UT has become. It really is play to win....grinding isn't even an option if you want a 90+ OVR CAF like a lot of people have.
This is pretty much where I fell the last month or so since I've backed off playing.

1) UT never was my thing in any of the EA games, I'm not spending real cash for cards. So it turns me off since its basically a pay to win type setup.

2) Ranked lost its luster when I hit Division 5 (before the divisions kept going up). All the guys were doing something to exploit the system (this was before the patch changes). Plus add to the fact everyone uses just the highest rated guy, it got old.

3) The AI just wasn't fun to play against so I didn't even start creating a universe and fighting the CPU.

So for me, I'm really hoping the AI is fun to fight against. I'm hoping the CPU can win, it doesn't feel "rigged or forced", and I can just focus on enjoying the game offline. That is my current hope with this patch.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #13
Rookie

i just wish they would fix it where stand up is not so dominant. I've fought fighters with 99 stand up but 60-65 clinch and ground yet can deny every take down and clinch attempt and deny the majority of transitions.
i hope that in future patches that no stamina has a more important impact
Old 06-03-2016, 03:14 AM   #14
Banned

I don't know why people are complaining about UT being pay to win. Every UT or MT in ANY sports game ever has been to pay to win. ( Or if you have no job and "grind" 10-12 hours a day.) I have never, and will never play an UT or MT in any game..Madden, 2K, this, FIFA, whatever. If you really need to spend money to get your CAF good when there's an online ranked system for free that works perfectly fine, well..You keep the economy rolling I guess, so good for you. lol.

As for me, I'm just playing until the new Madden and 2K come out. I'll come back to UFC when I feel like playing a fighter and knocking someones head off every now and then.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
I don't know why people are complaining about UT being pay to win. Every UT or MT in ANY sports game ever has been to pay to win. ( Or if you have no job and "grind" 10-12 hours a day.) I have never, and will never play an UT or MT in any game..Madden, 2K, this, FIFA, whatever. If you really need to spend money to get your CAF good when there's an online ranked system for free that works perfectly fine, well..You keep the economy rolling I guess, so good for you. lol.

As for me, I'm just playing until the new Madden and 2K come out. I'll come back to UFC when I feel like playing a fighter and knocking someones head off every now and then.
I haven't paid a dime for UT (OK that's a lie; I bought the Deluxe version for +$10 for the premium packs) --- but point is, besides that, I haven't spent any $$$ and I have about an 83% winning rate and am 180th on the leaderboard.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have a 50 hour / week job so I can't grind virtual coins, instead I'm earning real $$$ ;( ;( lol --- at least I can get on these forums without boss knowing bahhahaa

But point is....if you have skill, pay to win sort of goes by the wayside. But I do know where you're coming from; if I take my OVR 80 CAF against a OVR 95 CAF......i'm pretty much not going to win (although I have certainly beaten guys with 10 or 15 more OVR than me; but they usually suck badddd....but hey again, that shows it aint necessarily pay to win; you gotta have SOME skill)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »