Home

Would you mind if EA UFC 2 were to be free on PS+ after 6 months?

This is a discussion on Would you mind if EA UFC 2 were to be free on PS+ after 6 months? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Would you mind if EA UFC 2 were to be free on PS+ after 6 months?

I just saw NBA2k16 is given away for PS+ members.

I don't know if EA has given away any games on PS+ for the ps4(I remember they gave away MIrror's edge on PS3 a few months ago) and i doubt it would happen since they have some origin access subscription or something but only for xbox live.

But would you people be intrested/bothered,if it were to happen?This game to be given away after about 6 months on PS+ ?

I certainly wouldn't mind,the game would get populated and the MMA UFC fighting simulator games audience would grow,for EA UFC 3 and future UFC games

I personally believe it would be a great idea for this game to be given away after about 6 months and i wouldn't mind at all!I hope this will happen and the game to be polished by then to make the newcomers want to stay and get intrested in the future MMA Games.

This game is just the perfect scenario to be given away on PS+ in my opinion for reasons such as:
- "It has microtransactions,for the EA UFC franchise to make more money from the newcomers."
- "It's playerbase would have significantly dropped by then and it would revive the game."
- "The MMA sims genre requires a broader audience and this would be the perfect way to get them to try it out."
- "It's no secret that this game's developement cost close to nothing compared to it's predacessor EA SPORTS UFC 1 as most of it's assests/engine were reused,so EA wouldn't have much to lose by giving it away and they would make up for it from Microtransactions."

So what do you guys think?Do you think it would be possible for this to happen?Would you be okay with it?

Here is a poll i made for you to vote: http://goo.gl/GL2cbz

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-01-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: Would you mind if EA UFC 2 were to be free on PS+ after 6 months?

I dunno how I feel about that, I rather price drop on a flash sale.

UFC is a niche sport, and you can tell that easy by the online numbers compared to NBA online numbers.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I dunno how I feel about that, I rather price drop on a flash sale.

UFC is a niche sport, and you can tell that easy by the online numbers compared to NBA online numbers.
There are however lots of arcade fighter gamers out there,i am pretty sure if they were given free a simulator fighting game,they wouldn't pass on it,especially something with the level of detail of EA SPORTS UFC 2.

Also,me personally, i didn't even know MMA existed,until i playe UFC 3 Undisputed back on my ps3,i happened to rent it at my local rental store when i was 14-16 years old,because me and my friend were into WWE Videogames,but back in 2010 or 2012 the WWE games were starting to become ****,so we tried out this UFC Undisputed game and i was hooked to MMA ever since. I used to watch highlights back in the day,but lately,past year or so,after playing EA SPORTS UFC 1,i actually got into the sport and i bought PPVs and started watching UFC,ever since UFC 189 and now i got UFC fight Pass to watch fightography of fighters such as GSP,Jon Bon Jones,Rampage Jackson,Chuck Lidell my favorite Anderson Silva,the entertaining Connor Mc Gregor etc.

I've gotten into the sport,from the videogames.I genuinly believe it's an opportunity for the UFC franchise and the EA SPORTS UFC video game franchise,to broaden it's audience by giving away this game.

Although i am not sure i know how PS+ works and if they allow 16+ age restricted games to be given away,but yet again they did give away ZombiU a couple of months ago.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-01-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
MVP

Is this for real? I have ps+ and nba2k16 is not listed as a free download. Is it a monthly free ps+ game? If so when is it going to load?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Is this for real? I have ps+ and nba2k16 is not listed as a free download. Is it a monthly free ps+ game? If so when is it going to load?
Probably need some subscription on Xbox one 2k is free for limited time to play if you have live

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 07:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekwade111
Probably need some subscription on Xbox one 2k is free for limited time to play if you have live

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
It seems it's a free ps+ as well for June. Maybe it hasn't been loaded yet. I'll keep a tab.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

when next Tuesday drops then NBA will be free for ps+ users.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #8
Pro

NBA 2K16 was free to try over the weekend on Xbox. After the promo it's now on sale for gold members. This is the extent I could see this happening with UFC2. Free to try over the week of UFC 200 during the 3 events and then on sale the following week. We've also got EA Access on the Xbox so there's that to consider with EA games ever going free... It's not happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »