Home

EA UFC 3's Engine?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3's Engine? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 3's Engine?

Quote:
Multiple sources tell us that the FIFA, Madden, NHL, and NBA Live sports game will be transitioned to DICE’s Frostbite engine over the course of the next few years. Frostbite is currently being used to power the vast majority of EA’s larger game catalog, including the Battlefield, Star Wars: Battlefront, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Need For Speed, and Mirror’s Edge franchises. The next major sports game to make the leap to the new technology is FIFA 17. While Madden NFL 17. NHL 17, and NBA Live 17 are still using the Ignite engine, each is expected to convert in the near future.
FIFA 17 isn't the first EA Sports game to use Frostbite tech; 2015’s Rory McIlroy PGA Tour was built on the platform as well by EA Tiburon. During its press blitz for PGA Tour, EA touted the engine’s prowess in creating outdoor environments and cutting load times between holes. The transition should also be aided by the fact that DICE already integrated the ANT animation system component of the Ignite engine into Frostbite during the development of Battlefield 3.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...te-engine.aspx
Interesting development. I couldn't name the difference between the Engines if I was asked to do so, but it seems to be something they want to push through for all of the EA Sports titles.

Does anyone know the difference between Ignite and Frostbite? If this is true then Ignite hasn't really lived a long life. It's not that old at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3's Engine?

ignite was basically new toolsets for the old engine, hence madden always having the same look at the 360.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Interesting development. I couldn't name the difference between the Engines if I was asked to do so, but it seems to be something they want to push through for all of the EA Sports titles.

Does anyone know the difference between Ignite and Frostbite? If this is true then Ignite hasn't really lived a long life. It's not that old at all.
I wonder how much this will even matter for UFC. As the article said, Frostbite was helpful in creating realistic outdoor environments for Rory Golf. That is helpful for games like Madden or Fifa that have 30 plus stadiums. Even though I love new arenas and wish UFC had more, even I would admit that when you are playing the game there isnt much of a difference visually.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I wonder how much this will even matter for UFC. As the article said, Frostbite was helpful in creating realistic outdoor environments for Rory Golf. That is helpful for games like Madden or Fifa that have 30 plus stadiums. Even though I love new arenas and wish UFC had more, even I would admit that when you are playing the game there isnt much of a difference visually.
I agree. I have no interest in that either.
They do seem to mention its a switch throughout the other franchises though. Don't engines also affect physics and such? I don't really know much about it anyway.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Oh, this is really cool. Be interesting to see how it plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

I have my fingers crossed for a completely new and improved engine. Same for Fight Night if it ever gets made
Old 06-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #7
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

They can keep the Frostbite engine. I want a game that works day one. Not 6 months later.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:58 AM   #8
Just started!

yudarvish's Arena

Chill, they can't do good MMA game...90% waiting for new Fight Night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »