Home

I can no longer support the UFC

This is a discussion on I can no longer support the UFC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #17
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can no longer support the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I didnt have an issue with the Stitch situation. If I went to the press and complained about a new deal my company did....I would be fired the next day. Stitch cant expect to **** on the Reebok deal (which is a bad deal but the UFC loves it) publicly and then collect a paycheck from the UFC at the next event. Especially when you are just a cut man and easily replaceable.

As for Helwani, the UFC's position is that Brock was pissed that the news leaked and they had to do damage control. They asked Helwani to name his sources. He refused and White kicked him and MMA Fighting out of the building.

Its completely wrong but its the state of MMA now. The UFC gets plenty of coverage from major new outlets like ESPN and Fox. They have their own news outlets like UFC.com and Fightland. They dont need Ariel or some of the smaller sites (in comparison to ESPN) like Sherdog and MMA fighting anymore. Last night the top 3 stories on ESPN were UFC stories (Bisping, Lesnar, UFC 202).

If you arent associated with a major news outlet, the UFC will blacklist you if they feel you crossed the line.

I'll be shocked if the UFC caves here. As pissed as people were last night, they are going to buy UFC 200 in a month. Ariel is a great personality but I'm not going to boycott one of the biggest shows over someone I dont know.
Well the reality is we will probably never know any of these ppl that.cover the sport. What we do know is Dana White is a liar and douchebag. The fighters are laughably underpaid considering revenue generated. Enough is enough for me. Most ppl don't care and that's fine. But I've had enough of Uncle Dana for quite some time now...
Old 06-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Well the reality is we will probably never know any of these ppl that.cover the sport. What we do know is Dana White is a liar and douchebag. The fighters are laughably underpaid considering revenue generated. Enough is enough for me. Most ppl don't care and that's fine. But I've had enough of Uncle Dana for quite some time now...
Boycotting the UFC doesnt help that though. If anything it lowers the amount that fighters will recieve or best case scenario makes their salaries stagnant.

I also have little sympathy for fighters when they refuse to organize and start a union. UFC 200 would be the perfect situation for them to threaten a boycott and demand a higher minimum salary among other things. But they wont because its every man for themselves in MMA.

The UFC is just acting like a corporation. Corporations arent going to give a dime more than the have to for labor and the UFC is no different than most corporations.

Last edited by aholbert32; 06-06-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM   #19
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Boycotting the UFC doesnt help that though. If anything it lowers the amount that fighters will recieve or best case scenario makes their salaries stagnant.

I also have little sympathy for fighters when they refuse to organize and start a union. UFC 200 would be the perfect situation for them to threaten a boycott and demand a higher minimum salary among other things. But they wont because its every man for themselves in MMA.

The UFC is just acting like a corporations. Corporations arent going to give a dime more than the have to for labor and the UFC is no different than most corporations.
yup for sure; they need to unionize and collectively bargain

and I'm not pro-union necessarily lol (in my industry, unions cause more trouble than they're worth....but I understand their historical importance and def. think UFC fighters need to unionize)

I believe I heard somewhere that about 30-40% of revenue for NHL/NFL/etc goes to players...but UFC it's like 15%??
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Here's a tough pill for you to swallow...Dana didn't want to do this. It was all Lorenzo Fretita or whatever the **** his last name is. Ariel said that Dana said, "You're too negative and Lorenzo isn't a fan of yours and made the decision to kick you out." Dana was just the middle man. He also said that White's face was very red (signaling shame or unhappiness) when he was telling Ariel to leave. And Dana stressed the fact that this was Lorenzo's call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #21
Rookie

I see you watched Ariel's show as well. To be honest I was half and half but after seeing him crying man you can't help but side with Ariel.

Only person higher than Dana is Lorenzo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
I see you watched Ariel's show as well. To be honest I was half and half but after seeing him crying man you can't help but side with Ariel.

Only person higher than Dana is Lorenzo.
Which is funny because Lorenzo is usually the one playing good cop. Lorenzo is the one who mainly deals with Conor and the Diaz's because he's not as hot headed as Dana.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
yup for sure; they need to unionize and collectively bargain

and I'm not pro-union necessarily lol (in my industry, unions cause more trouble than they're worth....but I understand their historical importance and def. think UFC fighters need to unionize)

I believe I heard somewhere that about 30-40% of revenue for NHL/NFL/etc goes to players...but UFC it's like 15%??
No one knows the numbers because the UFC is privately owned. With that said, lets look at the numbers we do know. UFC 199:

The UFC made 2.17 million from ticket sales. The paid 2.9 million in fighter salaries and bonuses that night. So the UFC didnt make any money off of the gate at all.

But the big money is in PPV. PPV totals for 199 arent out but lets say it did 500k (the same as Weidman/Machida). Average price of a PPV is 50 bucks. Cable companies take 45-50% of PPV revenue. So the UFC took home around 10-12 million from PPV. Likely less when you factor in production costs, travel etc.

So fighters get around 20% of the UFC's total revenue.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:47 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Which is funny because Lorenzo is usually the one playing good cop. Lorenzo is the one who mainly deals with Conor and the Diaz's because he's not as hot headed as Dana.

Honestly, it was probably Lorenzo who worked hard on that brock deal which would explain why he was so pi**ed at Ariel leaking it.

But Ariel's back in. Hopefully he's more careful this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »