Home

Back Mount Still Underpowered

This is a discussion on Back Mount Still Underpowered within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 11:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Back Mount Still Underpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Rubber guard Nate Diaz LW amazing!!!
This. The transition deny to mount is sick.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #18
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I'm so confused.

Back Flat is crazy deadly... If you can actually get there.

Baby punches interrupt transitions from Back Flat so you can literally bang away with baby punches, eventually posture up and like 1-2 punches will get the KO FAST.

For me the hardest part is actually getting to Back Flat. It seems like whenever i'm in Back Side, and try to take the back, I end up rolling into Back Sitting instead of just taking the back.
hmmm maybe I need to try the 'baby punch spam' lol

to be honest when I started this thread, I had meant to talk MOSTLY about 'regular' back mount still being too easy to escape w/ the roll (i.e. punches won't stop that roll)

Then I started down the road of back mount flattened

So I kind of confused the two my bad lol

I rarely have been in back mount flattened b/c it's impossible to hold osmeone's back lol so I always just end up in 'regular' mount

I'm going to practice this a lot more. But overall I still feel as if back mount needs some help; if the only way to effectively KO someone when you have their back is baby punch baby punch baby punch baby punch, posture up for the insta KO...that's kinda lame even if it's effective lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #19
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I'm not a fan of rubber guard in this game. It's too easy to obtain; but also too easy to ESCAPE

Never have had anyone keep me in rubber guard; they'll keep putting me in, and i'll escape, then they put me in, then I escape, etc etc lol THAT has happened for sure...but no one has ever kept me in rubber guard...too easy to escape....on the flipside I swear sometimes I see rubber guard coming from 10 miles away and STILL can't deny it lol maybe it's input delay :P

Overall though, wish rubber guard was a bit harder to obtain, but once you get rubber guard, you can keep that position a bit easier....
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 06-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I'm not a fan of rubber guard in this game. It's too easy to obtain; but also too easy to ESCAPE

Never have had anyone keep me in rubber guard; they'll keep putting me in, and i'll escape, then they put me in, then I escape, etc etc lol THAT has happened for sure...but no one has ever kept me in rubber guard...too easy to escape....on the flipside I swear sometimes I see rubber guard coming from 10 miles away and STILL can't deny it lol maybe it's input delay :P

Overall though, wish rubber guard was a bit harder to obtain, but once you get rubber guard, you can keep that position a bit easier....
I've had someone reverse my transition out of RG once in the entire game - didn't even know it existed! I mixed up my transitions after that.

I completely agree about back mount being underpowered and I mainly think that's down to that stupid instant roll to mount.

Also the stamina drain when postured up in back mount flat is pretty silly.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #21
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I've had someone reverse my transition out of RG once in the entire game - didn't even know it existed! I mixed up my transitions after that.

I completely agree about back mount being underpowered and I mainly think that's down to that stupid instant roll to mount.

Also the stamina drain when postured up in back mount flat is pretty silly.
yup I think it's those two that are the killer: Insta-Roll to Mount; and Stamina Drain when posturing up
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 04:07 AM   #22
Rookie

Just a bump for this, I also do not see the appeal of back mount in this game at all.

The transition to full mount SUB is lightning quick, I cant figure out how to deny it, the bar fills immediately.

I feel like it should be a much more dangerous position than it is at the minute.

Is there any plans to look at it by the devs, or are they happy with it, and this will be the final version of back mount?
Old 07-06-2016, 05:42 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRay
Back flattened should be the most advantageous position in the game just like in real life but it is not. It's so stupid that the stamina drains like crazy when you are posture up. They need to patch it where it drains way slower. I have finished fight in this position but it was against noobs. Anyone competent will be able to transition out making it a very underpowered position for the amount of work involved to get someone there. Please fix this in the next patch.
Any time I want to go to back flat I end up in back sitting. What's up with that?
Old 07-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #24
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Any time I want to go to back flat I end up in back sitting. What's up with that?
I often find that happening too

I won't lie; I may not be the BEST at Back Mount --- b/c I rarely am in that position; i just go to full mount or back side mount; b/c back mount always seemed underpowered (especially from a Control aspect)

That said --- I re-read my comments I made on this thread a month ago (time flies!) and still stand by them.
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »