Home

Next patch requests

This is a discussion on Next patch requests within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Next patch requests

For upcoming patch... First off, I love the game. It has issues, but I appreciate the patches and the forums. I realize that the developers can only do so much due to time, money, and technology. There is also the issue of, should something be fixed or have players just not adapted properly, and if it does get fixed, will that unbalance other aspects. With that said, below is a suggestion that (a) I think everyone would be in favor of, (b) would not unbalance the game in unforeseen ways (c) and would not be too expensive or difficult to implement.

-- Practice mode: Have all of the grapple positions available to choose from. When the mode starts, the computer goes through a tutorial show each of their transitions and subs slowly, highlighting the tells and the correct denials for each move. Then allow the human player to deny each move. If the computer is successful, it goes back to that position and does the same move until the human successfully counters it. That way I could spend 5 minutes straight in half guard, then back mount, SC, etc. I have no idea how to do momentum transitions. It would be nice to practice these, as well.

(a) community, does this sound helpful?
(b) developers, would this unbalance the game in unforeseen ways?
(c) developers, would this be too expensive or difficult to implement?

Top things I would like to see fixed for next patch:
1) practice mode (above)
2) ending the ability to spam transitions and subs with no stamina
3) the creation of a moves and stats list! This game is too deep and varied to not have one.

Last edited by cernac; 06-07-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: missed something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Next patch requests

Here's a suggestion: ability to pick stances for your CAF whether career or ultimate team just to make them unique. Heck some CAFs in career mode had different stances entirely from what their style gave them so that is proof that this can be done. Some of the default stances given to CAFs for their fighting styles are just plain ridiculous/lazy. Examples being Muay Thai and Jujitsu which are two different styles with the same stance, Kickboxing stance which makes zero to no sense at all and karate which is just plain insulting. This issue can be easily fixed in one patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »