Home

Jab-Body Kick Combo Multiplier

This is a discussion on Jab-Body Kick Combo Multiplier within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #17
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jab-Body Kick Combo Multiplier

There's nothing wrong with the combo IMO; it's the people who use the combo and use it in an extremely unrealistic manner, including MTS himself. It's funny because he'll criticize other people for using unrealistic tactics and then he'll turn around and throw a right straight + liver kick three times in a row, as if he could possibly name any fight in the history of MMA where anyone has ever done that. If anyone ever tried it IRL it certainly wouldn't be nearly as effective as it is in this game.

Sadly it's a combo that works really well due to the over the top hit reactions. I'm not sure the combo multiplier should be in the game at all either, but the hit reactions are definitely out of control. A lead leg kick should NEVER cause such a hit reaction that it allows your opponent to land an unblockable head kick, yet it happens in this game constantly. That's just absurd.

All that aside, it's honestly not that difficult of a combo to block.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #18
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
There's nothing wrong with the combo IMO; it's the people who use the combo and use it in an extremely unrealistic manner, including MTS himself. It's funny because he'll criticize other people for using unrealistic tactics and then he'll turn around and throw a right straight + liver kick three times in a row, as if he could possibly name any fight in the history of MMA where anyone has ever done that. If anyone ever tried it IRL it certainly wouldn't be nearly as effective as it is in this game.

Sadly it's a combo that works really well due to the over the top hit reactions. I'm not sure the combo multiplier should be in the game at all either, but the hit reactions are definitely out of control. A lead leg kick should NEVER cause such a hit reaction that it allows your opponent to land an unblockable head kick, yet it happens in this game constantly. That's just absurd.

All that aside, it's honestly not that difficult of a combo to block.

Oh yeah? How do you block it?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #19
Rookie

Guilty too, but mainly use that in LEC or against high block abusers. I remember playing bmeonline, he spammed the **** out of me with that "combo"
But those guys are not really good on the ground or clinch at all. Make a sidestep, do a parry, shoot a clinch or a takedown and the rest should be easy. You can also try to kick the other leg off the ground when the opponent goes for the body kick, but it is quite op I have to admit. But so is the high block.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Nothing drives me crazier than this though.

Goofy jab/straight, body kick, hit stun exploit nonsense.

*edit*
I blame Martial Mind and that "top 10 combos" video. Never saw this cheesy trash until that video came out. Now everyone watches that and thinks theyre a pro.
I never noticed it until the lec and i realized oh **** well i guess i better start doin this too.. Lol
Old 06-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #21
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

I use it and don't see the problem. I don't use it all the time but if someone's sitting on high block its his fault for eating it. I just adapt my combos to the situation and if I see you're vulnerable to it I will exploit that vulnerability. Is there some gentleman's rule I shouldn't? Most guys who have decent footwork aren't vulnerable to this or to many other combos for that matter. But then again, footwork is seen as "running" by some guys on here. Well, it's on you if you get hit with dumb **** because you just stand infront of your opponent all the time. (Not directed to anyone here, just in general). I haven't lost because of it either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #22
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

It's easier to deal with on PS4 because parrys are much smoother. It's nasty on xbox.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 AM   #23
Pro

Guilty as charged, also due to MM's video. I like most of his other combos too though. It's just that because of the combination of the stupid combo multiplier, the extremely strong high block and offensive parry, and no movement penalty for having no stamina or being stunned that you have to throw these "magic combos" to do any damage at all, same for the jab, straight, lead low kick, power high kick combo
Old 06-08-2016, 04:48 AM   #24
Rookie

I have been saying this since the game came out, all the devs have to do is take a trip over to MTS youtube channel to see how bad it is.

Anytime he is getting beaten or the person is remotely competitive he spams it and tells people it is realistic so now everyone uses it.

We made a thread about it on the EA forums aswell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »