Home

Body Punch Hit Detection Needs Help

This is a discussion on Body Punch Hit Detection Needs Help within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Body Punch Hit Detection Needs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
have you noticed if the 'fail to register' issue occurs more often if the person is leaning back?

I've seen body strikes not register from both 'regular' standing, as well as the back-lean, but it seems that on a % basis....this hit detection issue occurs more often when opponent is leaning
Body uppercuts also have a ****ty hit registration. It's also really lame how throwing one body jab will cause their opponents head kick or flying knee to do very little damage. This comes off the patch where the Aldo v Conor counter striking logic was put into place.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Body uppercuts also have a ****ty hit registration. It's also really lame how throwing one body jab will cause their opponents head kick or flying knee to do very little damage. This comes off the patch where the Aldo v Conor counter striking logic was put into place.
It only takes off a % of the damage the intercepting strike lands, so a jab should have minimal impact.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:29 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It only takes off a % of the damage the intercepting strike lands, so a jab should have minimal impact.
Makes sense but it really impacts the damage a lot. Zhunter and I will laugh when we play and one of us gets lit up by a combo and right before the finishing strike we slip in a jab. "Good thing I threw a jab" comes up quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I thought they said the first two body strikes other than kicks would miss with a sway. I thought that was patched in because it made the sway not as useful if body shots always stopped it.
If that's the case that's really disappointing and makes no sense. If I know a fighter is about to lean back because they've done it consistently for the past minute or so of a fight, I should be able to time a couple body shots and prevent their sway from being effective. I shouldn't be forced to use a kick.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #13
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
Oh, absolutely.

I think the biggest reason people didn't like the sway in the last game is because not only was the head untouchable but it was difficult to hit the body as well despite the body being wide open.

That's been fixed A LITTLE BIT in this game, but it's still a problem IMO. It should be an easy body shot when people are leaning back, and a lot of times it just doesn't register.
For sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
If that's the case that's really disappointing and makes no sense. If I know a fighter is about to lean back because they've done it consistently for the past minute or so of a fight, I should be able to time a couple body shots and prevent their sway from being effective. I shouldn't be forced to use a kick.
yup --- when two top-level fighters are slugging it out, every single strike counts --- and if you end up missing 2, 5, 10+ of these hard strikes over the course of a close fight....could mean all the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSmokesAlotaWeed
I just hate how accurate the hit detection for spinning kicks are
lol I know right?

I'd actually *support* strike accuracy being toned down in this game; but not phantom 'no registers' --- but yes, spinning stuff, although toned down a lot by the strike intercept mechanic, are still laser guided missiles lol

I feel as if generally, but in particular for uppercuts to the body that fail to register during a lean, the distance calculations are slightly off, or not calibrated perfectly with the actual art/animation

So it LOOKS like the uppercut hit...but in the calculation, it came up a 'bit short'...where a straight to the body WOULD register, the uppercut doesn't because it's a 'shorter punch'....that makes sense, but it's just not calibrated well with the actual animation....is my thought
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 06-09-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

The other end of the spectrum is strikes that obviously don't even touch you, but somehow still register as connecting.

I have a picture saved of someguy throwing a hook at me, and KOing me, even though his fist was probably 6 inches(irl) away from my face.

Pretty messed up.

I notice this on the ground A LOT. Elbows that KO people when they aren't hitting anything. Punches KOs people when youre hitting them on the arm or shoulder.

It's crazy.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »