Home

Bring back turtle tax!

This is a discussion on Bring back turtle tax! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should they bring back the "Turtle tax"
Hell Yeah! 12 50.00%
Fu*k No! 6 25.00%
Yes to some degree. 6 25.00%
Who care Devs won't do it, game is broken 5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #9
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bring back turtle tax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Not to sound rude or anything....but do you guys even play this game???

First of all, stamina already DOES regenerate slower while you're holding either block. It also already slows down movement when holding block. Go in practice mode and test it.

Also, with the addition of high and low block there is NO reason to add a stamina decrease when holding block. If someone is hugging high....attack their body to loosen up that high block! I have over 500 ranked fights in and I've never had a situation where high block was too strong.
Maybe they could make the block weaken slightly quicker after taking strikes to the arms....but don't add a stamina decrease!

And lastly, Haz, stamina matters a HELL of a lot in this game. If you don't realize that, you're not paying attention.....but I agree it should matter a bit more. Unfortunately if if make stamina realistic like it should be, all the casuals would stop playing
I disagree with everything you think.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:

First of all, stamina already DOES regenerate slower while you're holding either block. It also already slows down movement when holding block. Go in practice mode and test it.

...No it doesn't.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #11
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:

Also, with the addition of high and low block there is NO reason to add a stamina decrease when holding block. If someone is hugging high....attack their body to loosen up that high block! I have over 500 ranked fights in and I've never had a situation where high block was too strong.
Maybe they could make the block weaken slightly quicker after taking strikes to the arms....but don't add a stamina decrease!

And lastly, Haz, stamina matters a HELL of a lot in this game. If you don't realize that, you're not paying attention.....but I agree it should matter a bit more. Unfortunately if if make stamina realistic like it should be, all the casuals would stop playing
I totally agree with what you are saying, but the turtling definitely makes you have to go to the body way too much. Most fighters don't start out their combos with body shots. They do, but not as much as we have to against these guys. The game already doesn't feel right with the striking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

The only person that should like high block the way it is.

To the people that think stamina matters, did you play the first game? Stamina seemed way more important in the first game. You were penalized for hugging block, which seemed appropriate.

Imo the way game is now encourages players to turtle high block, which is all kinds of wrong in my book. It's rewarded. The best way to get around high block is to look up video combinations and exploit hit stun and hit reactions, which is also wrong in my book. If these combos cause this reaction almost every time it's not like playing a game, but just inputting buttons.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
...No it doesn't.
Lol do you need me to post a video? Use practice mode more often dude.

And fish I agree partially. But hey, that's what body kicks are for
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 06-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

Erv is totally correct, all that is in the game. But it does need sum tuning. The penalty for having ur head 100% blocked it too small!
Old 06-10-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
Rookie

I agree with receiving increased arm damage, dont tinker with stamina, just make it where you cant hold block and defend all incoming strikes, increase arm damage received from head kicks (At full stamina) for example a jab blocked at full stamina wouldn't do as much arm damage. And so on, that way you have to think on your feet and decide what punches or kicks are worth "blocking" and which ones are worth "slipping" or using footwork to get away from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado8118
I agree with receiving increased arm damage, dont tinker with stamina, just make it where you cant hold block and defend all incoming strikes, increase arm damage received from head kicks (At full stamina) for example a jab blocked at full stamina wouldn't do as much arm damage. And so on, that way you have to think on your feet and decide what punches or kicks are worth "blocking" and which ones are worth "slipping" or using footwork to get away from.
I agree with this 100%!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »