Home

Nate Diaz kicks much more than punching

This is a discussion on Nate Diaz kicks much more than punching within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Nate Diaz kicks much more than punching

Devs I really like what you did with specific fighters' takedowns, I now rarely see someone like Luke Rockhold going for takedowns and that's great! But I just had my internet go down at the house so I thought of starting my first career mode and before that I wanted to test out the AI so I fought Nate Diaz who I imagine you paid close attention to because he's such a fan favorite (even tho I think that like in Undisputed 3 everyone should fight realistically like themselves) and he was throwing so many kicks, many times he even combines kicks like 2 leg kicks, front kick to the face and roundhouse kick. He is just 1 example. I understand you have fighter types you assign to characters like Boxer, Grappler etc, why isn't he based on boxing? In-game all he needs to have is slick boxing skills with high volume and average power, great stamina, great chin (ability to take punches well without being too damaged by them)

Again he's just 1 example, I really wish specific fighters would clinch more, or go for constant takedowns like Damien Maia and stuff like that. The latest patch was one of those steps in the right direction and I don't mean to be an annoying feedback giver but seeing Nate's AI throw so many kicks when in my mind it shouldn't be hard to make it so that he's pressuring you with punches like in Undisputed 3 really discourages me as a fan.

Any info on what you're planning to do with future patches or UFC 3 in terms of AI and movesets would be much appreciated, goodluck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Re: Nate Diaz kicks much more than punching

Damien Maia is a great example too yeah, strikes till he gets KTFO, too easy

He needs to stick like glue. Chuck Liddell kicks way too often too

Someone on the dev team who really loves the sport needs to take over the AI and movesets, Chuck still has superman punches, Conor still has flying knees and spinning backfist, Yair Rodriguez doesn't have jumping switch kick. Someone who loves this **** like I do would do it for free for both AI behavior selection, and movesets selection at least let the gamechangers do it
Old 06-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #3
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
Damien Maia is a great example too yeah, strikes till he gets KTFO, too easy

He needs to stick like glue. Chuck Liddell kicks way too often too

Someone on the dev team who really loves the sport needs to take over the AI and movesets, Chuck still has superman punches, Conor still has flying knees and spinning backfist, Yair Rodriguez doesn't have jumping switch kick. Someone who loves this **** like I do would do it for free for both AI behavior selection, and movesets selection at least let the gamechangers do it
Chuck actually has used a superman punch, so long as he has his overhand, too, it doesn't bother me as much as it does for someone like Shogun. He threw a decent amount of kicks in his fights for a puncher, too. In a weird way, it's a tradition of a sort, since I think he's had a superman punch in every UFC game going back to Undisputed 1, I think. Now if there was a good power straight in the game for the modifier slot, I'd rather have that, but as it is, it's not the worst moveset decision in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfuZapzZsVY

Go to 2:59 to see him throw a rather ugly superman.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Kasel brings up a good point... There are some rabid fans of MMA and this game who are willing to do pro-Bono work. They could save Devs time by reviewing ideas rather thank creating new movesets they are not as knowledgeable of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
Rookie

It shouldnt be to hard get a excell sheet going with al the ingame control inputs . And per fighter put the move that should be assigned there. If we have a good list going let it be reviewed by the community . And then we can hand it over to ea who hopefully does something with it. Maybe get it Also stickied.

If we all work together and lets say 10 people take 10 fighter then we al ready have 100 of the 250 done

Last edited by B_sT80; 06-16-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_sT80
It shouldnt be to hard get a excell sheet going with al the ingame control inputs . And per fighter put the move that should be assigned there. If we have a good list going let it be reviewed by the community . And then we can hand it over to ea who hopefully does something with it. Maybe get it Also stickied.

If we all work together and lets say 10 people take 10 fighter then we al ready have 100 of the 250 done
Maybe it's worth the exercise anyway. We have a developer on here. With a spreadsheet, and other people reading any work (providing feedback) perhaps he take this to his team.

Maybe what is more effective and a better use of time is to start by point out the more egregious examples of characters who aren't fighting true to their style. A move this seems out of place seems far more forgivable and less annoying than inaccurate character strategy and style. I'd also prefer more accurate relative ratings too. If anyone has higher grappling stats than Maia, Jacare, Werdum, and Burns, for example, this is just as annoying as inaccurate fighting styles.

Or we can just make McGregor, the champions, and a few other UFC favorites experts at every part of the game.

Inaccurate fight strategy and style along with fairly unnoticeable difference in skills where a huge gap in skill should exist annoy me more than anything. Fix all that... Then moveset. Just my opinion
Old 06-17-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

EA misses out on a lot of details that would make this a great game.
Being able to edit moves, abilities and tendencies would have been a game changer. I think even more so than sliders. Having so many fighters is nice but if they all feel the same what's the point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »