Home

Why does Fifa 17 have a Story and UFC doesn't?

This is a discussion on Why does Fifa 17 have a Story and UFC doesn't? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Why does Fifa 17 have a Story and UFC doesn't?

Where's the logic behind it?

Who gives a damn if you had a rough childhood and you grew up to be a footbal player..If EA put those resources in a genre that mattered,maybe the UFC franchise would grow larger from their video game..

I mean just imagine the possibliites of having a story/carreer in a UFC video game.Don't get me wrong,i loved Undisputed 3 career and it felt meaningfull despite being generated content,that was done right unlike this game,but a scripted story would fit the UFC,so much more.

Having someone growing up in a ghetto in Brazil,having street fights as his backstory,then training and becoming a UFC champ and a legend. It would be so much better if they spent their resources into puting a story in a fighting game like UFC...

Please make it happen!We know EA has the monopoly on MMA games for this gen,please put some resources into making a proper UFC game with a proper offline Story and offline gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why does Fifa 17 have a Story and UFC doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Where's the logic behind it?

Who gives a damn if you had a rough childhood and you grew up to be a footbal player..If EA put those resources in a genre that mattered,maybe the UFC franchise would grow larger from their video game..

I mean just imagine the possibliites of having a story/carreer in a UFC video game.Don't get me wrong,i loved Undisputed 3 career and it felt meaningfull despite being generated content,that was done right unlike this game,but a scripted story would fit the UFC,so much more.

Having someone growing up in a ghetto in Brazil,having street fights as his backstory,then training and becoming a UFC champ and a legend. It would be so much better if they spent their resources into puting a story in a fighting game like UFC...

Please make it happen!We know EA has the monopoly on MMA games for this gen,please put some resources into making a proper UFC game with a proper offline Story and offline gameplay.
Are you being ironic? Certainly you know the amount of $ and effort into stupid non-game play things like this are a sunk cost. The marginal fan that cares is exceeding overwhelmed by those who would be put off by any resources that story-telling would take away from any other aspect of the game.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Are you being ironic? Certainly you know the amount of $ and effort into stupid non-game play things like this are a sunk cost. The marginal fan that cares is exceeding overwhelmed by those who would be put off by any resources that story-telling would take away from any other aspect of the game.
What resources?Selling a game for 70$ covers that cost and brings guaranteed x3 ammount of profit.Them wanting to make x6 ammount of profit for something that doesn't deserve it,is not our concern as consumers.

Why non-gameplay?I am saying put some of the money into making a story/campaign for UFC.They obviously aren't going to remake the whole ignite engine and the whole gameplay,so why not put some effort into making a campaign with their new UFC game?

Why are we even talking about cost and resources?That's my complaint,why did they waste all those resources into making a campaign story for a football game,instead of a game,where people might actually care about the story...It fits so much more to have a story in a fighting sports game than a football sports game..

All i am suggesting is,since they got the engine down and they aren't spending any money into making a new game engine,why not spend some of their resources into making a campaign story for a genre that matters instead of football.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-13-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm also certain two different teams work on the two different games. Different visions, resources, etc

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-13-2016, 11:03 PM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Isn't it new to 17? I personally have no interest in it at all, but it could be neat for those who like that stuff.

If it's brand new game mode it's understandable to not be in current game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 AM   #6
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Its the most popular sport in the world, they probably make more in digital sales than this entire game has made in total.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:04 AM   #7
Rookie

who cares about stupid stories, they never work, they waste your time with stupid, idiotic cut-scenes. I have never seen a cut-scene I liked in a sports game, waste of time and resources. EA should focus on making the game look realistic and clean the gameplay, why does UFC Undisputed 3 looks more realistic and believable than their game? add the PrideFC ring they had and the Japanese rules. when the game is complete and gives you the real MMA experience, than you can start developing a dumb story that everyone will ignore.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:11 AM   #8
Banned

Because nobody wants a storyline for an MMA game, it would be stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »