Home

Submission gates going back inwards?

This is a discussion on Submission gates going back inwards? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Submission gates going back inwards?

I was fighting an online ranked match when I took my opponents back with a substantially large stamina advantage. I went for the choke, and I noticed as I blocked the gates in the little mini game, they started to retreat back inwards. Can someone explain this mechanic to me? I will include a video as soon as it uploads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Submission gates going back inwards?

https://youtu.be/AXR_r5C-Bqw

Here's the link to the video. Wasn't sure how to embed from iPhone. Someone please explain
Old 06-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

It's the new patch.

Some submissions have this green pop-in that changes the submission from a rear naked choke to an armbar for example,then there is 1 or 2 more gates for the submission initiator to finish the submission right then and there.

That green pop-in can be clicked both by the defender and the attacker.If the defender clicks it,it cancels the attackers ability to advance his submission to a different submission type.

Before the patch,there was a glitch,where the defender could roll his left stick in a 360 movement and spam it,making it impossible for the aggressor to press the green pop-in once it showed.So with the new patch,if a defender spams that left stick,his submission gates reset.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:21 AM   #4
Rookie

I was aware of the switchin logic (I have a love hate relationship with it sadly) but I was unaware the opponent could stop you.. No I guess they get penalized too. Thanks for the help
Old 06-14-2016, 03:40 AM   #5
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Every time when you press LS in wrong direction or in wrong time (when no advancement gate displayed on the screen) escape gates are moving fwd in all sides by 1/5
If sub fighter click LS in wrong direction or wrong timing when no green gate displayed on the screen his escape gates are moving inward by 1/5

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

My copy-past from my journal, may be helpful:

SUBMISSION INITIATION:
Stamina cost: drain Stamina by filling Transition meter (holding RS). Possible to initiate even on 0% Stamina.
Depends on (faster TM): the same as Grappling.
(holding)L2 (to see if Submissions are available from my current position) (L2+L1 for Clinch Flying submission) + (holding)RS in appropriate (indicated) direction – initiate Submission attempt by filling TM.

SUBMISSION DEFENSE (I am the Defender):
Stamina cost: no
Depends on (Escape gate speed):
- SA: Defenseman has more Stamina than Attacker
- Fighters stats & abilities.
RS – (NA)(holding) in any direction - pushing out Escape gates; BETTER holding direction by RS BEFORE opponent’s actions; BETTER slide RS along the hole’s edge – especially between adjacent sectors. (become solid Attacker’s color light “R”).
- slow RS (circling along the hole’s edge) – counting, may using for quickly changing directions to escape.
Defender: never use LS, except ONLY when Green prompt is on the screen (to deny Attacker’s ability to Submission chain!
- IF Escape gate advancement is blocked by Attacker – Escape gate advancement stops and start blinking “R”.
- IF Attacker successfully advances the Submission – my Escape progress will reset.
- [when in ANY Green prompt or Advancement gate status on the screen] (click) LS in ANY direction - my Escape progress in ALL directions decreases by 1/5. Exception: when Green prompt on the screen click LS in its direction - to delete Attacker’s Submission chain opportunity.
- [when NO Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in any direction – my Escape progress in ALL directions decreases by 1/5.
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in CORRECT Green prompt’s direction FIRST (before the Attacker) – the submission chaining opportunity for Attacker is lost (Green prompt disappears).
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in Defender (click) LS inWRONG direction to deny Submission chainWRONG direction to deny Green prompt – then I will not be able to (click) LS in the correct direction (Submission chain deny will not be available) and my Escape progress decrease by 1/5. Defender is NOT ALLOWED to wrong input!
Not used: all other buttons.
COLORS:
- L/R – signals about LS or RS; Color – signals about L/R for whom (besides their “Corner” Stamina bar/gloves color).
- “R” has solid Defenseman color.
- when Defenseman is pushing out Escape gates by RS – “R” become solid Attacker’s color light; this section has solid Defenseman’s color.
- when Attacker blocking Defenseman’s Escape gates by RS – “R” become blinking color light; this section has solid Defenseman’s color.
- “L” arc (Advancement gate) has solid Attacker color.

39) SUBMISSION OFFENSE (I am the Attacker):
Advancement gate (Advancement opportunity) = Fighter’s color prompt with Vibration (arc with “L”).
Submission chain gate = Green prompt with Vibration (green arc with “L”), it exists during all the time of the current Submission stage while it activated by Attacker or blocked by Defender.
Depends on (interval length between “L” appears):
- SA: Attacker has more Stamina than Defenseman
RS – (NA)(holding) in any direction - blocking Defenseman’s Escape gates; BETTER holding direction by RS BEFORE opponent’s actions; BETTER slide RS along the hole’s edge – especially between adjacent sectors.
- Not usage: RS (circling along the hole’s edge) – counting, but too brief to prevent escaping.
- [when NO Advancement gate] (click) LS in any direction – pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5.
- [when Advancement gate on the screen] (click) LS in CORRECT Advancement gate direction – to advance the Submission to next stage.
- [when Advancement gate on the screen] (click) LS in Defender (click) LS inWRONG direction to deny Submission chainWRONG direction to advance the Submission – then I will not be able to (click) LS in the correct direction (Blue prompt disappear) and pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5.
- [when NO Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in any direction except Advancement gate direction – pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5.
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click)LS in CORRECT Green prompt’s direction FIRST (before the Defender) – perform Submission chain to for switch to more advanced Submission stage (Green prompt disappears).
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in Defender (click) LS inWRONG direction to deny Submission chainWRONG direction to deny Green prompt – then I still will be able to (click) LS in the correct direction (Submission chain is still available) and pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5. Attacker is ALLOWED to wrong input!
Each Submission must be advanced in a certain number of stages to submit the opponent. Some Submissions have fewer stages than others!
SUBMISSION CHAIN (Green prompt):
Some submissions can be chained into a deeper stage of another submission.

STRATEGY – SUBMISSION OFFENSE:
1. Lock on the first Submission even if i don't think i will get it > pay close attention to the players escape pattern. There are only 2 or 3 major patterns that people use.
2. When i lock on the next few Submissions: try to anticipate their escapes based on their previous pattern - don't just play catch up, jump to the next submission escape gate before him.
3. Focus my eyes on the center of the screen and use my peripheral vision to look for the cue to advance to the next stage (it's much more difficult if i dart my eyes around looking for the cue).

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-15-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah, their going inwards if the defender spams on the left stick. But I find the penalty for it a bit hard. As the attacker you have a great advantage hitting it, saving at least 2 gates. You are watching out for gates anyway. As the defender, you could just DENY the chain, and have normally nothing to do with the left stick. If you do deny it wrong, you get a gate penalty and being rendered unable to hit it again at the right time. I think it should be more than in one of two following ways:

1. Keep all penalties like they are now. But when you as a defender hit the green chain, you should either escape the sub directly or get an advantage on your gates.
You also should be able to deny a "normal" advance in a way that it disappears if you hit it first, and comes back a short period after it (like now if you hit the green chain).

2. Reduce the penalties. Let them not advance gates on a left stick input, or reduce the gates on a miss but let them try to hit it again.

Either of this ways seems more balanced to me, as it is easy enough to get these SC Kimuras or Flying whatever from the clinch.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:34 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
My copy-past from my journal, may be helpful:

SUBMISSION INITIATION:
Stamina cost: drain Stamina by filling Transition meter (holding RS). Possible to initiate even on 0% Stamina.
Depends on (faster TM): the same as Grappling.
(holding)L2 (to see if Submissions are available from my current position) (L2+L1 for Clinch Flying submission) + (holding)RS in appropriate (indicated) direction – initiate Submission attempt by filling TM.

SUBMISSION DEFENSE (I am the Defender):
Depends on (Escape gate speed):
- SA: Defenseman has more Stamina than Attacker
RS – (NA)(holding) in any direction - pushing out Escape gates; BETTER holding direction by RS BEFORE opponent’s actions; BETTER slide RS along the hole’s edge – especially between adjacent sectors. (become solid Attacker’s color light “R”).
- slow RS (circling along the hole’s edge) – counting, may using for quickly changing directions to escape.
Defender: never use LS, except ONLY when Green prompt is on the screen (to deny Attacker’s ability to Submission chain!
- IF Escape gate advancement is blocked by Attacker – Escape gate advancement stops and start blinking “R”.
- IF Attacker successfully advances the Submission – my Escape progress will reset.
- [when in ANY Green prompt or Advancement gate status on the screen] (click) LS in ANY direction - my Escape progress in ALL directions decreases by 1/5. Exception: when Green prompt on the screen click LS in its direction - to delete Attacker’s Submission chain opportunity.
- [when NO Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in any direction – my Escape progress in ALL directions decreases by 1/5.
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in CORRECT Green prompt’s direction FIRST (before the Attacker) – the submission chaining opportunity for Attacker is lost (Green prompt disappears).
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in Defender (click) LS inWRONG direction to deny Submission chainWRONG direction to deny Green prompt – then I will not be able to (click) LS in the correct direction (Submission chain deny will not be available) and my Escape progress decrease by 1/5. Defender is NOT ALLOWED to wrong input!
COLORS:
- L/R – signals about LS or RS; Color – signals about L/R for whom (besides their “Corner” Stamina bar/gloves color).
- “R” has solid Defenseman color.
- when Defenseman is pushing out Escape gates by RS – “R” become solid Attacker’s color light; this section has solid Defenseman’s color.
- when Attacker blocking Defenseman’s Escape gates by RS – “R” become blinking color light; this section has solid Defenseman’s color.
- “L” arc (Advancement gate) has solid Attacker color.

39) SUBMISSION OFFENSE (I am the Attacker):
Advancement gate (Advancement opportunity) = Fighter’s color prompt with Vibration (arc with “L”).
Submission chain gate = Green prompt with Vibration (green arc with “L”), it exists during all the time of the current Submission stage while it activated by Attacker or blocked by Defender.
Depends on (interval length between “L” appears):
- SA: Attacker has more Stamina than Defenseman
RS – (NA)(holding) é/ê/ç/è - blocking Defenseman’s Escape gates; BETTER holding direction by RS BEFORE opponent’s actions; BETTER slide RS along the hole’s edge – especially between adjacent sectors.
- Not usage: RS (circling along the hole’s edge) – counting, but too brief to prevent escaping.
- [when NO Advancement gate] (click) LS in any direction – pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5.
- [when Advancement gate on the screen] (click) LS in CORRECT Advancement gate direction – to advance the Submission to next stage.
- [when Advancement gate on the screen] (click) LS in Defender (click) LS inWRONG direction to deny Submission chainWRONG direction to advance the Submission – then I will not be able to (click) LS in the correct direction (Blue prompt disappear) and pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5.
- [when NO Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in any direction except Advancement gate direction – pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5.
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click)LS in CORRECT Green prompt’s direction FIRST (before the Defender) – perform Submission chain to for switch to more advanced Submission stage (Green prompt disappears).
- [when Green prompt on the screen] (click) LS in Defender (click) LS inWRONG direction to deny Submission chainWRONG direction to deny Green prompt – then I still will be able to (click) LS in the correct direction (Submission chain is still available) and pushing out Defenseman’s Escape gates in ALL directions by 1/5. Attacker is ALLOWED to wrong input!
Each Submission must be advanced in a certain number of stages to submit the opponent. Some Submissions have fewer stages than others!
SUBMISSION CHAIN (Green prompt):
Some submissions can be chained into a deeper stage of another submission.

STRATEGY – SUBMISSION OFFENSE:
1. Lock on the first Submission even if i don't think i will get it > pay close attention to the players escape pattern. There are only 2 or 3 major patterns that people use.
2. When i lock on the next few Submissions: try to anticipate their escapes based on their previous pattern - don't just play catch up, jump to the next submission escape gate before him.
3. Focus my eyes on the center of the screen and use my peripheral vision to look for the cue to advance to the next stage (it's much more difficult if i dart my eyes around looking for the cue).
So... This seems like there is some real gold in here. As someone who loves the satisfaction of a submission far more than any other way of winning, I appreciate the information shared in these notes. Unfortunately, most of this reads like a foreign language. Anyone want to take a few minutes to summarize without using all the acronyms, and full (or close to full) sentences?

Thank you to he who is courageous enough to translate!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »