Home

The Swoop.

This is a discussion on The Swoop. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:18 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Swoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezy
What? I've never heard of this. Can somebody explain?
I've heard of it, but preceding posts aren't very descriptive. Anyone want to drop some knowledge?
Old 06-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I've heard of it, but preceding posts aren't very descriptive. Anyone want to drop some knowledge?
The swoop is just the term used to block reversals during a transition. The swoop itself is the act of moving the R stick 1/4 of a turn with the attempt to time the finish of the "swoop" with the transition meter filling up. If you time it correctly you block a reversal.

Example: if I'm using R stick to the right (or 3 as a face clock would read) for my transition I want to time my swoop movement to have the stick at 12 (up) or 6 (down) as the meter hits full.

Hope that helps. And anyone feel free to help out if anything I said was inaccurate

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-22-2016 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 06-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Thanks dude, I played the first game a lot, but didn't know how swoops worked in the version. Sometimes it seems like position gets reversed before I can swoop.

You seem to know a lot about this game for someone who is just a cook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 PM   #12
Pro

I didn't ever play the first game. I played one of the old THQ games though.

What does the second part of the comment mean?
Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 PM   #13
Rookie

Took this from http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ing-breakdown/
The swoop.

As I said before, swooping the right stick is not required in EA UFC 2.

But if you do swoop, and you time the swoop perfectly at the very end as the grappling meter fills up, you will become immune to reversals and you値l shave off a bit of the stamina cost of performing the move.

However, if you swoop early, you値l incur a greater stamina hit and you値l be left open to reversals.

So if you want to benefit from as much stamina savings as possible, and avoid getting reversed by a top level grappler, keep your technique tight and swoop the stick at the end of the grappling meter.

If you swoop successfully and your opponent inputs his denial early enough for a reversal, that reversal will be downgraded to a regular denial.

One important thing to note here, is that the game can be played without the HUD, which means you won稚 be able to see when the grappling meter fills up.

In order to allow you to perform a perfect swoop with no HUD, the controller will vibrate with increasing intensity as you approach the perfect window.

So with a little practice, you should be able to hit that perfect timing window with your eyes closed.

And there was a little discussion about here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nd-game-3.html

Hope this helps.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback

What does the second part of the comment mean?

Whenever I see your name I instantly think Casey Ryback. I figured you are a cook who is a ninja at the game.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRuffRaw
Took this from http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ing-breakdown/
The swoop.

As I said before, swooping the right stick is not required in EA UFC 2.

But if you do swoop, and you time the swoop perfectly at the very end as the grappling meter fills up, you will become immune to reversals and you値l shave off a bit of the stamina cost of performing the move.

However, if you swoop early, you値l incur a greater stamina hit and you値l be left open to reversals.

So if you want to benefit from as much stamina savings as possible, and avoid getting reversed by a top level grappler, keep your technique tight and swoop the stick at the end of the grappling meter.

If you swoop successfully and your opponent inputs his denial early enough for a reversal, that reversal will be downgraded to a regular denial.

One important thing to note here, is that the game can be played without the HUD, which means you won稚 be able to see when the grappling meter fills up.

In order to allow you to perform a perfect swoop with no HUD, the controller will vibrate with increasing intensity as you approach the perfect window.

So with a little practice, you should be able to hit that perfect timing window with your eyes closed.

And there was a little discussion about here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nd-game-3.html

Hope this helps.
Something I've been playing with but can't come to a conclusion is the speed at which I swoop. I've tried to do a quick swoop finishing just as the meter fills, and a slow version starting at 3/4 of the meter and riding it to "full swoop position" at the end of the transition meter. Anyone else have a definitive answer? I'm thinking it doesn't matter as long as you get the to right place at the right time with the right stick -- but I only think they because I cannot disprove the null hypothesis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Whenever I see your name I instantly think Casey Ryback. I figured you are a cook who is a ninja at the game.
Haha. Bam! You nailed it my friend. I made up that name years and years ago back when people were first creating email addresses... And believe it or not Every other alternate way of correctly spelling it was taken, so I went with the phonetical spelling of his name.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »