Home

Match Making

This is a discussion on Match Making within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Match Making

Does anyone know what the primary variable is for online matchmaking?

I was under the assumption that it was driven off of your ranked status/level. But I imagine this wouldn't work if one only did Quick Matches and never did Ranked.

I ask partly because, as I get better, my quick matches have become increasingly less fun, more spammy, and my opponents choose the best fighters now. Quick match used to be fun because, at least in the lower levels, people played with various characters, so the variability made the game far more enjoyable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Match Making

Well I was always under the assumption that quick match was random at least it was in other games.

Sometimes it's nice to take a break from ranked and fighting Jon Jones twenty times in a row, but apparently quick match is based on your rank as well.

So, yeah
Old 06-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

People r learning the game / cheese / meta now so even ur quick games have knowledgeable people. Also u can b matched +4 or -4 so basically u can play vs anyone lol
Old 06-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
Pro

^... And unfortunately these anyones feel the need to fight quick fights like they have money on it. No experimenting or practicing new things. Everyday there's an increasing number of Jon Jones, Rockhold, Lawler, McGregor spam. I JUST WANT VARIETY!
Old 06-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
People r learning the game / cheese / meta now so even ur quick games have knowledgeable people. Also u can b matched +4 or -4 so basically u can play vs anyone lol
Not anyone know. I'm not even the highest ranked, just 6, and they people i pay against are completely different than when I use a lower ranked account for quick match.

Nice that about fighting people that are clue less is I show them what they are doing wrong, then when they learn and improve they smash me and taunt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Allow replays of unranked fights if you find a likable opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
Allow replays of unranked fights if you find a likable opponent.

Whoa... Am I missing something? Am I missing an option or are you being facetious about something you wish existed?

If this is serious, what are the implications? Does this mean I end up fighting guys in division 5,6, or 7 if I'm 1 or 2 rather than rematch me against a more similarly ranked fighter?

And has anyone with any knowledge been able to confirm if matchmaking is driven off a hidden "quick match ranking system" rather than your actual ranked division? I can actually understand this going both ways. Someone may be in division 2 but have 2,000 wins and 20 losses in quick match (so they are obviously far better than their ranked status would suggest).
Old 06-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #8
Rookie

No, it is not possible now, but I think in a version long ago they had that ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »