Home

Submission reversals

This is a discussion on Submission reversals within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Submission reversals

Can someone explain this for me? Such as the reversal for guillotine from single leg... Does that only imply for the shooting takedown from outside, or does it also go for the single leg from clinch, as well as the one from side control?

Do you have to time it same as a deny/reversal, or can it be pre emptive like takedown defence? Same for all the reversals if there's any difference... Only one I have is th single leg and and... Knee bar or heel hook from what looks like stacked?

I know there's a thread about some of these already but there's been an update that changed the controls L2+R2+Right stick.. So not sure if anything else changed.. But I held it last night when someone went for the single leg from side control and they waited a second before going for the takedown since I wasn't breaking it, controller vibrated while I was holding down all 3 buttons required and they got the takedown..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Submission reversals

To add to your question, in the moves screen I believe it makes the distinction of the guillotine reversal only with a single leg, not a double leg TD (or maybe it is reversed). In my mind I don't bother because how do I know which they are attempting. Or am I thinking about it in the wrong way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Also, the practice/tutorial modes need to be more robust. This game is so deep, but at times this depth feels hidden.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
Also, the practice/tutorial modes need to be more robust. This game is so deep, but at times this depth feels hidden.

Co-sign on this. I just made a post about practice mode in the clinch thread we have going. Maybe it can be its on thread to be sure that it's seen. Although, I'm fairly new and don't find the search tool to be very good so don't want to repeat an already existing thread
Old 06-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Do you answers to the questions regarding guillotine reversal?

I'm glad you are also beating the drums for an improved practice mode. I also seem to remember a THQ version allowing for this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 10:51 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cernac
Do you answers to the questions regarding guillotine reversal?

I'm glad you are also beating the drums for an improved practice mode. I also seem to remember a THQ version allowing for this.

I don't know the answers regarding reversal submissions, but the way I have used them are as follows:
- A guilotine reversal from single leg is unique and a different reversal for that of a double leg. They are listed out separately, so I just assumed they were different
- You can get the guilotine reversal from sprawl when the opponent tries the escaping to over/under clinch
- you can get the choke reversal from standing clinch to single leg
- I DO NOT believe you can get the guilotine reversal from single leg from side control as that itself is a reversal. In other words, I don't think you can reverse a reversal... But I could be wrong here
Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I don't know the answers regarding reversal submissions, but the way I have used them are as follows:
- A guilotine reversal from single leg is unique and a different reversal for that of a double leg. They are listed out separately, so I just assumed they were different
- You can get the guilotine reversal from sprawl when the opponent tries the escaping to over/under clinch
- you can get the choke reversal from standing clinch to single leg
- I DO NOT believe you can get the guilotine reversal from single leg from side control as that itself is a reversal. In other words, I don't think you can reverse a reversal... But I could be wrong here

If you mean where sub SC transitions into a single leg - it can be reversed and is infact the easiest guillotine reversal to get imo as you can just hold L2 + Down as soon as you see the animation...

You can also reverse the single leg back into side control with L2 + direction they used to initiate the single leg.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #8
Pro

Thumbs up Re: Submission reversals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
[/b]

If you mean where sub SC transitions into a single leg - it can be reversed and is infact the easiest guillotine reversal to get imo as you can just hold L2 + Down as soon as you see the animation...

You can also reverse the single leg back into side control with L2 + direction they used to initiate the single leg.
I knew the second part, and that makes sense as its a blocked escape.

Maybe my understanding of jiu jitsu and the misuse of terminology by those writing directions for the game etc. is detrimental to me! I'm an idiot. All this time I've thought I was just screwed by the single leg escape from sub side control as it is technically a reversal itself (bottom position to top position = a reversal). So I just always figured you couldn't reverse a reversal, and I simply hadn't figured out an answer yet... And I think I must have missed hitting it the first few attempts and assumed improved my presumption correct.

Thanks for the info. I'll be working on this one for sure.

Now just to learn how to reverse the wrestler duck out escape from sprawl (I can't keep GSP in sprawl despite generally be really controlling from here) and I'll up my game big time with those two moves

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-27-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »