Home

You best trick or tip since playing

This is a discussion on You best trick or tip since playing within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #49
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You best trick or tip since playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Can someone explain to me whats fun about throwing the same combo over and over and over again?

So many people play like this.. I really can't comprehend how it's even fun when there is zero dynamic gameplay happening, and you're just doing literally the same thing over and over and over?
I promise you there is a lot more dynamic gameplay going on in a high level striking match with combos than there is circling around the cage throwing pot shots.

Just like if you took someone who knew nothing about MMA or grappling and showed them a Demian Maia fight, they'd be watching two guys "lay on each other" where as someone with grappling knowledge would easily be watching all the little intricacies and understand it's beauty.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #50
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

There aint nothing intricate, or dynamic about throwing the same exact combo over and over and over waiting for it to connect so you can get a cheap and easy knockdown or flash rock because the combo w/multiplier guarantees it when it lands.

Using Footwork, Headmovement, Feints, Angles, Smart set ups & defense, Pattern Setting, all while figuring out your opponents patterns so you can set up your own counters, and all the mind games that go along with it, is 1000 times more involved, technical, and realistic than cycling through 2-3 super combos over and over again waiting for that Flash or Knockdown.

Also, sort of separate, but your reference to Maia, and people not understanding grappling. Honestly, ~75% of the people who watch MMA, and probably even more than that, have no idea what's going on in the striking either. It's a lot more technical than "Guy hits other dude in the face", but most people just wanna watch dudes "bang".

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 06-03-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #51
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
There aint nothing intricate, or dynamic about throwing the same exact combo over and over and over waiting for it to connect so you can get a cheap and easy knockdown or flash rock because the combo w/multiplier guarantees it when it lands.

Using Footwork, Headmovement, Feints, Angles, Smart set ups & defense, Pattern Setting, all while figuring out your opponents patterns so you can set up your own counters, and all the mind games that go along with it, is 1000 times more involved, technical, and realistic than cycling through 2-3 super combos over and over again waiting for that Flash or Knockdown.

I'm not sure what type of players you are referring to but in actual high level fights, everything you named is exactly what is happening. If someone is cycling through 2-3 super combos, they should win about 1/10 times if you are playing correctly. There are so many ways to get around people throwing long combos, it's really damn easy. Nowadays, the only one who will get consistent knockdowns on me is Onzah because of how creative he is with combos.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Find me someone really good at combos and i'll pick them apart using 1-3 strike combos and head movement.

The only thing missing from what you mentioned is setting up angles, because you can't really do that on this game besides cage cutting and leaving an open side. I talked with the devs and the GCers about how amazing it would be to be able to set up angles and used Lomachenko as an example. Maybe we'll get it in UFC 5

Quote:
Also, sort of separate, but your reference to Maia, and people not understanding grappling. Honestly, ~75% of the people who watch MMA, and probably even more than that, have no idea what's going on in the striking either. It's a lot more technical than "Guy hits other dude in the face", but most people just wanna watch dudes "bang".
Yup, completely agree with you. Same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 AM   #52
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The beauty of striking to me is being able to display creativity on the feet. Guys fishing for the same hit stun combo all fight just looks awful and leads to a lot of uninteresting fights. I guess I'm wired differently. I like winning and everything, but not at any cost. Fighting in that fashion just isn't in me.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #53
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJoshGordon420X
this is my only issue really, but the elite guys are too good at stopping transitions and its not like I'm weak at it- i only play with maia, barao and gracie in div 6 so i know all the blocks etc.... I'm mid way through division 6 but there are some elite guys that are so quick they can even stop your fakes right away.. how do they get this quick?ive messaged a few games who i thought were elite after playing them and they said they just got real good at predicting but it honestly feels like they are next to you watching your controller...

maybe theres no trick to it

i just want to get to the level that no matter how good you ground game is i will block every move no matter how advanced

those players do exist just need to figure out how they do it
Lol. I feel your pain man. I've just accepted that dudes are Nostradamus when it comes to me transitioning.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2017, 07:45 AM   #54
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Takedowns are easier to pull off when your opponents back is close to the cage. You get more GA but you can still sprawl or deny if your quick enough.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #55
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I think my best tip or trick is a $200 gaming monitor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #56
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I think my best tip or trick is a $200 gaming monitor.
Need to invest in this.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »