Home

Are Ghost/Phantom patches still happening?

This is a discussion on Are Ghost/Phantom patches still happening? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #9
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are Ghost/Phantom patches still happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not utterly pointless. There will likely be AI changes (GPD hinted at that earlier) and there will probably be more fighters since there always is.
sorry but I have to agree that it's (almost) pointless to have a patch w/o any gameplay tweaks or changes, especially when there is a LOT of low hanging fruit out there (I won't go into the list; check out my post history if interested lol)

I mean ... I love getting new fighters for free! ... And AI changes are always a welcome; and I'm just glad they're still supporting the game

BUT if the reason they're not making gameplay changes is really b/c of the LEC....that's pretty lame, especially since there was already a big gameplay patch between LEC #1 and LEC #2

If those 4 going to Vegas are truly legit fighters, they will be able to adapt. Don't make thousands and thousands of people wait another month (or longer) for a gameplay patch just for this tournament lol

Hopefully that's just a rumor :/
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 06-24-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
sorry but I have to agree that it's (almost) pointless to have a patch w/o any gameplay tweaks or changes, especially when there is a LOT of low hanging fruit out there (I won't go into the list; check out my post history if interested lol)

I mean ... I love getting new fighters for free! ... And AI changes are always a welcome; and I'm just glad they're still supporting the game

BUT if the reason they're not making gameplay changes is really b/c of the LEC....that's pretty lame, especially since there was already a big gameplay match between LEC #1 and LEC #2

If those 4 going to Vegas are truly legit fighters, they will be able to adapt. Don't make thousands and thousands of people wait another month (or longer) for a gameplay patch just for this tournament lol

Hopefully that's just a rumor :/
Its not a rumor. GPD already confirmed it.

I'm not really here to argue about the decision that was made. I would like to see changes but I understand it. I think it would be unfair to the 4 guys to make major changes to the meta when they are about to fight on a high profile stage like the UFC Fan Expo and for 10,000 dollars.

Lets say the patch drops the week of UFC 200. These guys have been practicing for weeks on the old patch and then you change the game days before they play? That's kind of ****ty.

Its also time to start being realistic about what is going to be patched. I dont have any inside info but we are nearing the 6 month mark since release and they didnt support UFC 1 after 6 mos. We may be getting to the point where your "low hanging fruit" may not get fixed until UFC 3.

Last edited by aholbert32; 06-24-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:59 AM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:

I'm not really here to argue about the decision that was made. I would like to see changes but I understand it. I think it would be unfair to the 4 guys to make major changes to the meta when they are about to fight on a high profile stage like the UFC Fan Expo and for 10,000 dollars.

Lets say the patch drops the week of UFC 200. These guys have been practicing for weeks on the old patch and then you change the game days before they play? That's kind of ****ty.

Its also time to start being realistic about what is going to be patched. I dont have any inside info but we are nearing the 6 month mark since release and they didnt support UFC 1 after 6 mos. We may be getting to the point where your "low hanging fruit" may not get fixed until UFC 3.
We're at the 3 month post-launch mark...not the 6 month mark (??)

but yea I agree, we're definitely past the peak of the development/patch cycle so you have a good point

Still --- it would be extremely easy to patch a few items that 90%+ of the community would like to see fixed; such as reducing the power of standing block by 10-20%, etc --- would take just a few seconds to tweak numbers in the background.

Since when did the good of the four, outweigh the good of the whole community?

Oh well, like I said before I'm just glad they're still supporting the game so beggars can't be choosers I guess lol

Just hope they really bring it for the following patch, at least
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #12
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
"We are announcing a $100,000 LEC tournament sponsored by REEBOK"
Thanks GPD!

Ha ha, you wish.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #13

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
No..no.. GPD said before that upcoming patch will not any change of the gameplay because of LEC.
That's correct.

The only gameplay fix I can think of off the top of my head is a fix for a broken denial from guard to stacked guard when the fighters are mirrored.

There are probably a couple more, but they are pretty minor.

We wanted to be very conservative on gameplay due to the LEC finals coming up, which is a really big deal for us.

Having said that, there are improvements for AI and something really, really cool for UT and CAFs relating to gameplay.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #14

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:

Also, what if we accidentally introduce some exploit that completely ruins the tournament.

Then we all get to watch a live stream of the best players in the world race towards the same exploit.

Then any exposure we get from the event actually hurts our reputation and hurts future sales.

Not worth the risk.

However, there's something really, really cool coming for gameplay (game changers don't even know about it) that I think will make up for it.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Well sucks for me because I can't stand CAFs/UT stuff, but I do want a better AI so that's nice

GDP are you allowed to tell us that there's definitely not going to any changes to career mode so I can stop hoping? The thing i'd love most would've been a big career mode expansion, i'd gladly pay for that if the AI will work as intended by then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #16
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Like I said, major disappointment. So 4 guys that did nothing but play ufc religiously get the priority over the thousands of gamers...

I understand the lec or whatever means something to you guys, but a working game should mean more.

I mean axe kicking someone while they try to stand up still sends them flopping around the ring like a pogo stick, yet you are worried about changing the game?

4500 players were online last night, there is a reason for that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »