Home

Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

This is a discussion on Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #33
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

Ip Man lol I may have to steal that one
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
What the HELL is this thread?

I've played Martial a TON of times on both UFC1 and UFC2 and he is one of few top players who is totally legit and not cheesy at all.

You're whining here about his offensive setups, but that's not really what you worry about when you play Martial... his DEFENSE is on another level. At one point he had the highest strike defense % in the top 100 players. Every match with him is a chess match because you are struggling to find the tiniest openings to do damage and steal the round. Martial doesn't really bullrush anyone with combos, and if he's doing that to you, it's because you're bad and he wants to end the fight quickly.

As for hit stun, yes it's in the game. Yes you should use it to your advantage whenever possible. If you want to point the finger at striking combos that should be changed, the quote unquote "magic combo" (jab, cross, leg kick, unblockable head kick) is what should be changed. Martial's setups aren't 100%

I have to laugh at Kinetic "Ip Man" NRG pointing the finger at Martial as well.

This is what a typical Kinetic fight looks like:

Your three body punch into rear low kick isn't much better so calm down bud.
And interesting side note the jab(has to land to confirm), straight(hit stun), inside low(major stun), rear high(Finish) is a typical setup taught in just about every muay thai class all over the world. But rear body kick (hit Stun), rear straight (Hit Stun), lead uppercut( major stun) isn't maybe at Rufus Sport has that some unorthodox Pettis ish.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #35
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake the striker
His play style is better than most top players I've seen, in fact he's the reason I finally decided to buy the game in the first place. The other “top players” made the game look like an unrealistic crappy spam fest hence why I avoided UFC 1 entirely.

You're clearly bias against the guy for whatever reason. I'm subd to him and see him fight sim all the time.

Watch his fight with gamingpractioner, its a standing chess match and a perfect example of him playing sim:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oJmEmfGGs0

Besides the unrealistic fighting is no ones fault except for the developers. If they properly rewarded realistic striking, we'd be seeing good players strike realistically more often.

Not biased against him at all. If I played him i would be he would smash me with or without those combos.

I have zero ill will towards him, have absolutely nothing against him personally.

I do hate the top ten combo videos, i just think it's goofy.

Am I not entitled not to like something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #36
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
I have to laugh at Kinetic "Ip Man" NRG pointing the finger at Martial as well.

This is what a typical Kinetic fight looks like:

Hahaha. This is hilarious.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #37
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Can't believe Kinetic never fought me (EA UFC 1) ��

I've been on mic with kenetic and seems like a good enough dude to me.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:13 PM   #38
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwind1310
yes if at any time you do something thats shady you are cheating just becaus its nots as bad as the other guys cheats or i dont do it all the time only when you think its ok is like say i only rob banks when i am broke so am i a "thief"

cheating/ abuseing a game system is wrong and even if you only do it one time you are still a cheat now and forever
The hit stuns were put in for a reason. If you can't block them that's on you. I get the hate on the leg kick into head kick because it's very hard to block and sometimes even impossible to block therefore I don't use it. But calling me a cheat because some of you can't recognize patterns and only hold high block is outrageous. Martial Mind isn't good just because of his combo's, it's because he knows when to pick his shots and not take any damage in return.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #39
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
He's not teaching people how to strike. He's teaching certain order of pressing buttons that leaves opponent unable to do anything while the next particular button input is pressed.

Of course their should be hit stuns, but you should not be able to take advantage of them 100 times out of 100by using inputs some gamechanger put on YouTube.
MTS's combo video is not an exploit because those are just some examples of WRONG striking mechanics in the game.

You dont need to learn his combos - you need to understand current Striking mechanics > then you can create your own Combos.

How to cause Full Body Hit Reactions (FBHR) in EA UFC 2 consistently (aka script):

1 step - Know strike's damage:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10203031.page

2 step - Full body hit reaction ("Hit stun") launches when opponent is getting 4 dmg.
as you see above nearly no strikes that cause 4 dmg (max = 3.5)
So, you need to increase damage by 2 ways:
1 way - land this strike in Counter window (in 3 sec after Parry, Sway, Dodge, Whiff)
2 way - land this strike at the end of the Combo, more strike in combo before this strike = more DMG multiplier bonus
So, for Strong strike like Backfist you need only one Jab to cause FBHR. For Hook you need previously land 2-3 Jabs.

Combo rules:
- switch L-R sides for the same strike type (punch , kick)
- never perform the same side and type strike twice. exception: Jab, Jab.
- max Combo length = 5 strikes
- Combo resets by block, whiff.

3 step - Go to Practice and test your Combo setups for this ending powerful strike:
- after successful side step (opponent whiffed, you get CW) you dont need a setup strike, you immediately launch your powerful strike for ex Elbow to deal FBHR even w/o combo.

BUT

Number 1, THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THE GAME NOW - is that ALL other strikes that landed with damage less than 4 will NEVER CAUSE ANY Hit stun at all. This is unrealistic, this cause random mashing, this ruins striking stand up in this game.

Number 2 problem - is that FBHR does not give you enough advantage:
yes, it causes hit stun to the opponent and interrupt his strike/series BUT he still can activate his BLOCK IMMEDIATELY, so FBHR does not guaranteed for you a follow up clear strike as a punish.
So, in EA UFC 2 we dont have tools to get striking advantaage and then to use it to deal massive damage to the opponent.

Number 3 problem - is that Strikes sometimes are not recognized by the system:

Bisping perform 4 clear punches as a Combo, but then Rory crushes his follow up cumulative Kick because 4th left Body punch clearly landed but dont deal any damage (not recognized), so was counting as a whiff and Rory's Body kick caused FBHR in CW (which was not mention to be). From 2:32, turn Speed 0.5:

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-28-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #40
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I refuse to learn his striking combos, I would love to learn more about striking mechanics and striking in general, even from him.

The problem is, as soon as I hear hit stun I roll my eyes and don't pay attention. Taking advantage of hit stun is not for me.

I like well timed single shots that cause health events, with exemption of spinning head kick.

Because your post was so informative Suga you get two prizes

Last edited by Dave_S; 06-28-2016 at 07:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »