Home

Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

This is a discussion on Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I like well timed single shots that cause health events
Oh boy, so do I. Sadly, the game does not work like that. The only way you can really get them is either by sheer luck, or by parry, which is stupid in itself. It's because of this that slow but powerful plodders are near useless in this game. Even with a 100 power and lvl 5 Heavy Hands people can eat Mark Hunt's shot like candy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #42
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I've gotten a few with single elbows, most likely after a parry though, and it is usually modified elbow, like spinning one or something.

Really wish it was more possible. Sometimes i play and refuse to clinch or ground and pound. It can be pretty freaking difficult to get clean ko.

I play quick match and not ultimate team or anything
Old 06-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
I've gotten a few with single elbows, most likely after a parry though, and it is usually modified elbow, like spinning one or something.

Really wish it was more possible. Sometimes i play and refuse to clinch or ground and pound. It can be pretty freaking difficult to get clean ko.

I play quick match and not ultimate team or anything
It's literally the only way I get rocked. A jab of mine gets parried and I eat a free reverse or spinning elbow to the face. I hate parries so much
Old 06-29-2016, 10:13 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Not biased against him at all. If I played him i would be he would smash me with or without those combos.

I have zero ill will towards him, have absolutely nothing against him personally.

I do hate the top ten combo videos, i just think it's goofy.

Am I not entitled not to like something.
Obviously everybody is entitled to their opinion. The main reason you're getting backlash is not because you do not like the videos MartialMind posts.
People are giving you their opinion about how they feel about your initial post.
Saying that somebody is posting videos on how to cheat or that they're giving people "cheat codes" is not an opinion. That is an accusation. I would also assume that you're receiving backlash because a lot of the community may have respect for him as a gamer. He may be a "game changer" but he does not divulge information that the developers have not authorized him to give and the game changers are not part of the EA team. They're there specifically for one reason. They are fans of the game and sport that have been a very vocal part of the community and EA wants to gain as much information from the fans as possible to make a great game.
The ideas that they give to EA are not instantly implemented. They're considered and ultimately EA takes them into consideration and decided what ideas are useful and which ideas they are not able to use all together.
I personally like the videos he posts and will watch them from time to time but by no means use them to "cheat". I use them as a fighter training for a fight uses tips from their coach. If I like the idea and am able to utilize it to improve my game, I will practice it. For the most part, like most people I'm sure, I still play how I want to play but just look for more in depth techniques from videos like the ones he and others post.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

If I'm getting backlash is certainly over my head, or don't care enough to think about it. I am not trying to convince anything to anybody.

Once again, I hate his 10 combo video. If you love it that's awesome. I'm interested in hearing why people like it.

The very moment I posted this thread i knew some people wouldn't like it. Good for them, they are more than welcome to call my ideas dumb or agree with me.

Discussions where everyone has same opinion is boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #46
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I'm sorry, but if you are a Game Changer I don't think you should be abusing flaws in a game. That almost makes it look like they wanted these in. Helped set up the game so it would be that way. We don't know the level of involvement. So when we do see them use things like this, it does irk you.

I played a Game Changer and he used almost every unrealistic combo in the book. Most were good combos, but a lot were just hit stun/reaction advantage taking ones.

That's just my opinion on it, and why I believe the premise of this thread is solid.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #47
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Serious question...one of the biggest complaints with UFC 1 on the forums was lack of stopping power.

Now there seems to be a big backlash against hit stun in principle.

Aren't they the same thing?

If they are the same thing, it would be very helpful if people stopped with the sarcastic, Mortal Kombat hit stun comments, and focused on the real problem. And acknowledge that hit stun is necessary and realistic.

If they aren't the same thing, I'd really like to know what the difference is.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Serious question...one of the biggest complaints with UFC 1 on the forums was lack of stopping power.

Now there seems to be a big backlash against hit stun in principle.

Aren't they the same thing?

If they are the same thing, it would be very helpful if people stopped with the sarcastic, Mortal Kombat hit stun comments, and focused on the real problem. And acknowledge that hit stun is necessary and realistic.

If they aren't the same thing, I'd really like to know what the difference is.

This blows my mind that I think you might be asking this almost sarcastically?

Before I address that I'll put it out there that I actually really like the current striking system, I really really like it.

However it's not perfect (nothing ever is) and it definitely isn't the same as having "stopping power" what people want when they ask for stopping power is risk vs reward, timing importance and the ability to punish and outplay someone, the current system allows that in microcosms of "ok I've parried you now I get to strike".

You guys probably don't like hearing it because you didn't work on the game but EAMMA captured this really well, someone misses a flying knee and you wait until they land and catch them with a perfect hook 9/10 they'd be in trouble, mistime a leg kick and you'd be taken down, get to predictable with you're striking and you'd be countered in someway that always had a significant impact.

The one that always stands out was if you we're predictable with you're takedowns / spammed them it was easy to punish, you'd dive in get a counter knee to the head and be on the verge of being knocked out.

It's my general feeling that people want to experience more of a chess match with the striking, that when you work to make someone miss or commit to a big strike you can punish them in a big way, this does feel more like an arcade beat em up at times just not to the same extremes.

With all that being said without the hitstun leading to high impact damage the stand up would be terrible, no one would know who was going to get hurt or when.
Youtube
Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »