Home

Quick Reminder - Listen to the mods

This is a discussion on Quick Reminder - Listen to the mods within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Quick Reminder - Listen to the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yep I haven't seen anyone get banned for arguing at all. Like in a thread the other day a guy that is now banned brought up something a Dev said. And people thought he was banned for that. Well guess what he wasn't I didn't even need to read the full post or know what was being talked about to understand why he was banned. He said maybe this will make the devs work harder, which is trolling or insulating at VIP. Both of which are against the TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Its easy to see what a person was banned for. Thats why I laugh when I see people lying or making up reasons why they were banned when anyone can just click on the post and see why.

Also zero tolerance isnt always zero tolerance. The guy redsox is referring to who got banned is back posting 2-3 days after he got banned. I dont know this for sure but I bet he talked to Mill and Mill gave him a second chance.

That happens all the time. Mill and I used to playfully argue about that when I was an admin because I thought zero tolerance was zero tolerance but Mill is the more forgiving type. If a banning is borderline, there is always a good chance someone will get a second chance.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep. Its easy to see what a person was banned for. Thats why I laugh when I see people lying or making up reasons why they were banned when anyone can just click on the post and see why.

Also zero tolerance isnt always zero tolerance. The guy redsox is referring to who got banned is back posting 2-3 days after he got banned. I dont know this for sure but I bet he talked to Mill and Mill gave him a second chance.

That happens all the time. Mill and I used to playfully argue about that when I was an admin because I thought zero tolerance was zero tolerance but Mill is the more forgiving type. If a banning is borderline, there is always a good chance someone will get a second chance.

Exactly I know a guy that gotten banned like 3 times and can still come back if he wants, I imagine. There was a guy corymach7 or something like that. He got banned for trolling each time and was gone for like 3 months or something. Then came back and got banned again. Then got into a fight with Mill and another mod around the release of one of the NBA Live and hasn't been back since. But last I saw he was unbanned (white name).

Old 06-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yep I haven't seen anyone get banned for arguing at all. Like in a thread the other day a guy that is now banned brought up something a Dev said. And people thought he was banned for that. Well guess what he wasn't I didn't even need to read the full post or know what was being talked about to understand why he was banned. He said maybe this will make the devs work harder, which is trolling or insulating at VIP. Both of which are against the TOS.

Also Trillz, read through this thread about why it's a zero tolerance forum. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

tbh, i dont even need to read the rules as i know already saying something negative about the mods or devs can get you banned. however its pointless putting across my views as its your forums and your rules, but it wont grow with strict rules like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
tbh, i dont even need to read the rules as i know already saying something negative about the mods or devs can get you banned. however its pointless putting across my views as its your forums and your rules, but it wont grow with strict rules like this.

Read that thread because it touches on why there isn't a time period ban. Which is something you specifically called for. It was done before and didn't work.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

It has grown and it seems to continue to grow.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
I've seen a ton of guys from the EA forum say this and I dont understand it.

The forums alone have nearly 800,000 registered users. Thats not even counting the thousands who havent registered and read the forums and site. The rules havent stopped this site from growing at all.

Now if you are talking about the UFC forum specifically. I dont think anyone really cares about that. The large majority of people who come this site are here for news about Madden or NBA 2k or The Show or other sports games. If the UFC forum stayed small, I dont think many would care and it actually would help make discussion easier.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #15
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Why are you guys talking about me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Why are you guys talking about me?
We didnt name you specifically but you are an example of someone who was banned and who was let back in. No one even knew it was you until you just outted yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »