Home

So WTF happened to the improved judging???

This is a discussion on So WTF happened to the improved judging??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #9
EA Sports UFC Developer

OVR: 0
Re: So WTF happened to the improved judging???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
It says "improved Judging scoring logic" In the patch notes
Gotta love how nebulous patch notes can be, eh? I'm honestly not sure who comes up with the exact wording for those things...anywho, the changes to the judging was not crazy or significant.

We looked at more than a month's worth of telemetry and data from the judging system, and tweaked a couple numbers here and there to even out some of the scores. Also fixed a bug with how we were handling ring control.

That's it.

PS: Don't forget that the fights are scored each round, not as an overall fight. If you dominate one round and lose the other two...you lose the fight.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #10
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Gotta love how nebulous patch notes can be, eh? I'm honestly not sure who comes up with the exact wording for those things...anywho, the changes to the judging was not crazy or significant.

We looked at more than a month's worth of telemetry and data from the judging system, and tweaked a couple numbers here and there to even out some of the scores. Also fixed a bug with how we were handling ring control.

That's it.

PS: Don't forget that the fights are scored each round, not as an overall fight. If you dominate one round and lose the other two...you lose the fight.
Well said, also alot of the people look at the fight as a whole and forget about winning the rounds.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:

That's it.

Skynet,
When this game is long but gone, or there is a meteor heading for earth guaranteeing the end of days, could you reveal everything that goes into the scoring in this game, so I can finally rest in peace. Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #12
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Skynet,
When this game is long but gone, or there is a meteor heading for earth guaranteeing the end of days, could you reveal everything that goes into the scoring in this game, so I can finally rest in peace. Thank you
Guess you'll just have to wait and see! Something to look forward to in the inevitably impending apocalypse.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Quote:

That's it.

I am well aware each round is scored individually lol

As my OP said i literally lit the dude up all fight. Every stat was in my favor
Old 06-28-2016, 03:47 PM   #14
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
I am well aware each round is scored individually lol

As my OP said i literally lit the dude up all fight. Every stat was in my favor
you may have lit him up on the feet but if he got takedowns and held you on the ground he will get control advantage scoring. if that was spread out throughout the 3 rounds he would win but if he done most of that in one round he would have lost.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
you may have lit him up on the feet but if he got takedowns and held you on the ground he will get control advantage scoring. if that was spread out throughout the 3 rounds he would win but if he done most of that in one round he would have lost.
Yeah but but but... PRIDE RULES!!!??!!! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #16
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz

The takedowns was 1 of 2 for me and 1 of 4 for him Both times it went to the ground it was very brief i did the damage and we popped back up. All clinch attempts denied . One Judge scored me 30-27 the other 2 29-28 for him

Last edited by Shogun474; 06-28-2016 at 05:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »