Home

Most annoying player ever.

This is a discussion on Most annoying player ever. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 03:03 AM   #33
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most annoying player ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I don't really know who else can even have that move besides those 2 fighters. Anyone else know any other fighters who do this move in the UFC now and is in the game?

It's a "scissors sweep" but I'd love it if they could still give the Imanari roll to Iaquinta.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:58 AM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin

It's a "scissors sweep" but I'd love it if they could still give the Imanari roll to Iaquinta.
Scissor sweep to heel hook should be done from the clinch. Would be awesome to have this in addition to the rolling heel hook (Iminari roll). More entries like this only adds depth to the game. That said, difficultly landing these in mma is low, so I disagree with them being easy to hit (and the two gate submissions).

I'd love to see things like this have varying levels of success. Maybe poor offensive timing or position, as well as slightly late block = a half guard pull rather than it being a two outcome event: heel hook or defensive mount. More often than not, when these are done in grappling the defensive person completely avoids the interaction (limp legs away), or the offensive person essentially pulls some sort of guard -- often something like 50/50 which they probably like as a second place prize.

I don't mind the two gate submission if more goes into the difficult pulling off the move because the actual heel hook with over/under (leg knot) position, is almost indefensible once you're fully locked into this position. But it's hard to get there when you can be punched etc.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 07-07-2016 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Grammar added
Old 07-15-2016, 12:28 AM   #35
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbillcutolo
You definitely take the cake for most annoying person on this forum making a stupid thread like this and creating a spamming character go play wwe 2k bud maybe this isn't the game for you
To the people complaining about this thread, or the Imanari Roll. This thread was mostly just meant, both as a joke, and as a tribute to Masakazu Imanari. The move is called an "Imanari" Roll because of Masakazu.

For anyone who doesn't know who Masakazu Imanari is, do yourself a favor and check out this video. You won't be disappointed.

The guy is crazy exciting, and has a completely unique, wild style. He basically just throws himself into leg locks- with all sorts of insane entries, and just attacks with a relentless assault of submissions.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #36
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
In quick match i don't know if it's different cause you'll most likely see 5 star sub attempt, but it's not that easy to deny.

Kind of alloying annoying when you escape sub and achieve mount and opponent can throw another heel hook from sub mount before you can posture up.
Yeah, this definitely shouldn't be allowed. I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard others talking about it and it's absurd. You shouldn't be able to attempt any submissions from sub mount. That's just ridiculous. Another completely inexplicable decision made by people at EA who clearly have no idea what they're doing.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #37
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitPoopedOn6279
I had never even heard of this and I think it's a hell of a strategy. Especially because of how underpowered submissions are.

Plus. How is this "cheesy"? He's shooting in for takedowns and knee bars. It's no different than using a fighter with a roundhouse kick and waiting for your opponent to strike from out of range, then quickly hitting them with a spin kick to the head. It's just another strategy. I don't know why people consider "strategy" and unique gameplay to be "cheesy".
Have you ever watched a Rousimar Palhares fight? The guys whole entire game plan rests on him entering the cage and shooting for a leg while the fighter is still fresh/dry of sweat and cranking with all his might until he gets the finish. Now he's been known to hold on for WAY too long but he is a wizard when it comes to ankle and knee bars.
Much like this players strategy, his whole game plan is dependent on the other player not knowing how to counter this attack. It works now but eventually people will evolve and figure out a good defense. Like people who fight Rousimar going into the fight after working up a sweat in anticipation of this style of fighting.

I say good job for finding a strategy that works and is highly unique. And enjoy it while it lasts.
I was complimenting him, dude. Relax.

Of course I've seen Paul Harris. I even used to watch Imanari before he was desperate for the leg locks and actually tried to set them up. I've been watching MMA for over 10 years now. I'm not another one of these Johnny-come-latelys who just started watching the sport a year or two ago and thinks he knows everything.

I was around long before EA refused to do an MMA game because they considered the sport a joke and had nothing positive to say about it until the dollar signs changed their tune.

I'm a motha****in' vet, breh
Old 07-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #38
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
In quick match i don't know if it's different cause you'll most likely see 5 star sub attempt, but it's not that easy to deny.

Kind of alloying annoying when you escape sub and achieve mount and opponent can throw another heel hook from sub mount before you can posture up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbington
Yeah, this definitely shouldn't be allowed. I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard others talking about it and it's absurd. You shouldn't be able to attempt any submissions from sub mount. That's just ridiculous. Another completely inexplicable decision made by people at EA who clearly have no idea what they're doing.
First of all, the only fighters that are getting the Imanari Roll are gonna be Rory Mac, And El Cucuy, neither of which have the Heel Hook from Full Mount.

Secondly, there's actually multiple ways to attack the legs from Full Mount

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #39
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
First of all, the only fighters that are getting the Imanari Roll are gonna be Rory Mac, And El Cucuy, neither of which have the Heel Hook from Full Mount.

Secondly, there's actually multiple ways to attack the legs from Full Mount

Indeed, and how many times has it ever worked in the octagon against the best of the best?

Never.

How many times have you ever even seen it attempted in a high level MMA fight?

Probably never.

It's like giving fighters like Rampage Jackson or Demian Maia high kicks while people like Gomi don't have them. Sure, high kicks are strikes that people use in MMA, but how often do you ever see either of those guys use them? You don't. It's like flying subs being 2-stages. The most difficult subs IRL are the easiest in the game.

Heel hooks from sub mount make no sense in a UFC game. Clearly you disagree, and to each their own. Personally I just think it's absurd.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #40
Rookie

Webbington's Arena

Better yet, tell me which fighters in this game actually have the heel hook from mount, and then show me when they've ever used it in a real fight?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »