Home

I am ranked 841 in the world. Why am i playing vs guys in the top 40??

This is a discussion on I am ranked 841 in the world. Why am i playing vs guys in the top 40?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
I am ranked 841 in the world. Why am i playing vs guys in the top 40??

I just beat a guy who is ranked 39th-40th.(1300 wins-220 loses) His favorite fighter R.Lawler. I GSPed him for 5 rounds,holding him down and won the decision.

According to leaderboard stats: My fav fighter is Anderson Silva, i am DIV 6,i have 2,226 DIV PTS and 370 wins 131 loses.

Why am i being put to play against those guys??

Specifically i have played multiple times against the number 1 guy in the leaderboards: on1chka and the number 3 izawataru.

Is it normal to be put against those guys? Is it because they are playing the game all day?

The guy i just beat with GSP me and him Lawler, the game even had a noticable ammount of delay, so i am pretty sure he was from South West Europe or East US and i am playing from Europe East.

90% of the time i play is Quick Match and it's really hard to find game there since it takes into account ur skill and most of my games are unplayable due to lag/delay in Quick Match.

Will Matchmaking be addressed in the upcoming match? It's an issue lots of people seem to complain about since it's ruining the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 01:44 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Re: I am ranked 841 in the world. Why am i playing vs guys in the top 40??

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I just beat a guy who is ranked 39th-40th.(1300 wins-220 loses) His favorite fighter R.Lawler. I GSPed him for 5 rounds,holding him down and won the decision.

According to leaderboard stats: My fav fighter is Anderson Silva, i am DIV 6,i have 2,226 DIV PTS and 370 wins 131 loses.

Why am i being put to play against those guys??

Specifically i have played multiple times against the number 1 guy in the leaderboards: on1chka and the number 3 izawataru.

Is it normal to be put against those guys? Is it because they are playing the game all day?

The guy i just beat with GSP me and him Lawler, the game even had a noticable ammount of delay, so i am pretty sure he was from South West Europe or East US and i am playing from Europe East.

90% of the time i play is Quick Match and it's really hard to find game there since it takes into account ur skill and most of my games are unplayable due to lag/delay in Quick Match.

Will Matchmaking be addressed in the upcoming match? It's an issue lots of people seem to complain about since it's ruining the game.
Matchmaking was opened up more(+/- 4 divisions) to avoid much longer wait times in between fights.

As the game gets older, there will be less people online, which means a harder time finding a fight and a higher chance of fighting the same people over and over again.

Besides if you played UFC1 and were a red belt, youd match up with other red belts no matter how many fights you had or they had , so you could have 200 fights total and fight the #1 guy in UFC1 as well.
In the Undisputed series, the matchmaking was even worse.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:36 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Matchmaking was opened up more(+/- 4 divisions) to avoid much longer wait times in between fights.

As the game gets older, there will be less people online, which means a harder time finding a fight and a higher chance of fighting the same people over and over again.

Besides if you played UFC1 and were a red belt, youd match up with other red belts no matter how many fights you had or they had , so you could have 200 fights total and fight the #1 guy in UFC1 as well.
In the Undisputed series, the matchmaking was even worse.
What really bothers me, is not the fact that they are on the top of the food chain, it's also the fact that when i join their games, the ping isn't even that good. Games usually have high lag or delay vs the top guys.

If it were to put me with someone to the top, at least put me with someone where the ping is good.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:53 AM   #4
Banned

Top 1000 is div 6 so you really shouldn't be surprised
Old 07-02-2016, 07:30 AM   #5
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

We seriously need an ELO type ranking system in place. I don't know which is worse. Playing the top players, or playing someone who is Division 6 with a record of like 1000-3000. It is from one extreme to the next. These guys with these horrible records high up in rankings just makes me laugh. Time played does not equal skill. That shows as well. These players should be getting held in lower divisions where they belong.

I don't mind them opening up the matchmaking. Actually prefer it, but want a system in place that rewards you accordingly. If I make it to a new division, it should be because I earned it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #6
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Ya, pretty annoying we are stuck with the exact same leaderboard from last game. Whoever plays the most gets ranked.

EA MMA had the best ranking system Imo. Beat good guys and you jumped the ladder.

I am stuck in the 500s for rank because I simply don't play enough, even though I am regularly beating guys in the top players in 100.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #7
Pro

I doubt much of the 800 between you and 40 are still going hard.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
Top 1000 is div 6 so you really shouldn't be surprised
Really? I had no idea I was in such select company hahah. I'm thinking about giving up the game right now after reaching 6. I seem to be going against the same things over and over again with the the same fighters. More of a chore than fun at this point, but that's kind of how all 1-1 online games end up with me.

Even now when I win against what I know are higher rated players, its just not fun.

Last edited by killakrok; 07-04-2016 at 09:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »