Home

All CLINCH ISSUES + How to fix them

This is a discussion on All CLINCH ISSUES + How to fix them within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #17
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All CLINCH ISSUES + How to fix them

As many including myself said many times, devs, you made AWESOME new Grappling mechanics - very deep, various, strategic, skillful, and very authentic. On the GROUND.

BUT

Clinch uses THE SAME Grappling mechanics, but strangely dont have many features of it.
This needs to be fixed to bring the same depth, skill, realism and strategy to the Clinch as we have on the Ground.

Here the full list:
1) No Grapple block reversal
So, Perfect swoop is not needed.

2) No similar Arm trap technique (grapple strike counter)

3) No momentums (Only one - [If I go from sub MT to SC] I can momentum Single and Double leg TD (not for all TDs/Throws; not for dom MT fighter).

4) No context specific grapple moves.
Context specific GM (Context GM) – GM which becomes available only in specific context [when the opponent starts his GM and until it ends, i.e. while I am in intermediate sub position caused by his GM execution]; this GM’s icon shows up in Grapple HUD instead of standard GM.

5) No persistent transitions.
PERSISTENT TRANSITION (PT) – some of GM, that will continue to execute even after the opponent completes his attempted GM.

6) Grapple mover reversals (counter TD by Submission) strangely has another input and can be pre-emptive w/o any penalties.

Please, bring the same depth to the clinch as we have it on the ground!

Last edited by SUGATA; 07-19-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #18
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

After some testing in Practice w GA (Grapple advantage) gauge i noticed the bug - Damaged Legs takes no effect on GA in CLINCH, only in Stand up.

Damaged leg (even one) increases GA meter in Stand up; more red leg = more GA. But when initiate a Clinch, GA resetting to 0 and does not take effect on Clinch Throws and TDs. I think this is not right.

> How ti fix: Clinch need to separate its GA: with damaged Legs no GA for transitions in Clinch, but remain GA for Throws and TDs because this is realistic.

Damage his Leg by Leg kicks – to gain more GA (as it becomes more red = more GA).
Old 02-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #19
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

They need to make takedowns from the clinch use both up and down to do multiple takedowns. Down for pushing them. Up for pulling them. This will give a lot more options in the clinch, and will mix it up enough to keep people from always blocking takedowns.

Would also like to see takedown reversals use up as well. Someone shoots on you, time it right and flip them to where you are on top. Adding more takedown options will open up the ground game more.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #20
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Would also like to see takedown reversals use up as well. Someone shoots on you, time it right and flip them to where you are on top.

You can reverse takedowns already by pressing L2 and directional away from opponent.

I think that feels pretty good.

Why would you rather press up, instead of away?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #21
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
They need to make takedowns from the clinch use both up and down to do multiple takedowns. Down for pushing them. Up for pulling them. This will give a lot more options in the clinch, and will mix it up enough to keep people from always blocking takedowns.

Would also like to see takedown reversals use up as well. Someone shoots on you, time it right and flip them to where you are on top. Adding more takedown options will open up the ground game more.
I like your idea with 2 directions for Throw denial.
Added this in 1st post with mine TDs switch mechanics:

Needs to make more various and more difficult Throws' denial, at least TWO DIRECTIONS FOR DENIAL OF THROWS/TDs from CLINCH:
- 2 directions for 2 types of Throws: based on pulling and on pushing off.

Also

implement new TAKEDOWN SWITCH mechanics:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #22
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You can reverse takedowns already by pressing L2 and directional away from opponent.

I think that feels pretty good.

Why would you rather press up, instead of away?
Those go by fighters though. Gets used way less because of it. Up because you are using more of your upper body than legs. (Also down is good where it is.) Up to pull. Down to drive. I want to use R2 and down to stuff takedowns. R2 and up to catch them and grapple. (Base up denial)
Old 02-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #23
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Those go by fighters though. Gets used way less because of it. Up because you are using more of your upper body than legs. (Also down is good where it is.) Up to pull. Down to drive. I want to use R2 and down to stuff takedowns. R2 and up to catch them and grapple. (Base up denial)
It should be based on fighter though. Not everyone has the specific wrestling/Judo techniques to reverse takedowns.

Also direction away makes more sense IMO, because what your doing is using their own momentum against them to reverse the position.

Pressing up doesn't really reflect the momentum counter that a takedown reversal is.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #24
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
It should be based on fighter though. Not everyone has the specific wrestling/Judo techniques to reverse takedowns.

Also direction away makes more sense IMO, because what your doing is using their own momentum against them to reverse the position.

Pressing up doesn't really reflect the momentum counter that a takedown reversal is.
Why I put base. We should be able to catch them and keep them standing grappling. Not every takedown is successful, and a lot end up just grappling from the denial.

Why deny down and not away? Best to make it resemble what is already there. Easier to remember up than away. That is kind of like the clinch. People will mistake the directions. So make it easy. I already gave the reasoning with upper body and pulling (lifting). Up will work.

You can use away for the actual takedown reversal still.

Last edited by fishingtime; 02-07-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »