Home

Blocking transitions - Dev question

This is a discussion on Blocking transitions - Dev question within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Blocking transitions - Dev question

Why is it that blocking a transition has no correlation to your fighters ground attributes?

I have a 100 top game and 98 both ground D and off back but yet I face ppl who devote all their attributes 2 standup leaving them in 50's or 60's max in any ground category and they can block my transition attempts equally as I can.

Should there not be a significant advantage given when you have twice their numbers.

The animations give your transition away n decent players despite attributes are on equal footing.

It should either disguise the transition , give a fraction of a second advantage per say 10 point difference or something otherwise why bother boosting ground stats just work on your hand eye coordination n timing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Blocking transitions - Dev question

At the end of the day, ground stats + ground perks matter.

I for example, can use GSP to hold down opponents much easier on the ground than other stand-up fighters.

When you declare you are reffering to Ultimate Team + ground transitions, nobody is gonna bother responding and explaining to you how Grappling Advantage works, because they know that only casuals play Ultimate Team.

Especially when you ask the devs to answer you questions, they barely ever do. I think those are in the forum's rules that you don't ask the devs for this or that etc. or smth like that.

At the end of the day,ground game is all about patience and Grappling Advantage.

Higher Atributes means you got a bigger time to ensure you get a grappling advantage at the position you are at.

If you are on top and you are not striking/transitioning and just wait to block a transition you are losing Grappling advantage and your stamina regenerates slower as the time goes by.

No matter your stats, Grappling Advantage comes first. If you aren't timing your ground mini strikes properly and keep moving, you are gonna get easily outgrappled by someone who knows how those work, but doesn't have the grappling stats.

When Transitioning never expect your stats to do the work. If u want to land a transition you must have Grappling advantage or be unpredictable by striking with your right hand and transitioning to the left or by feinting etc.

Only way for someone to let you go through full guard to half guard, is if he doesn't know how transitions are blocked or if he accidentally hits the wrong defence button or is busy and distracted spamming elbows from the bottom.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-03-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess if I dont insult someone or act like a whinny child you cant get a dev to respond to a question
Old 07-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #4
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2WinIsNow
I guess if I dont insult someone or act like a whinny child you cant get a dev to respond to a question
This has been asked many times before. Just because someone has lower stats doesn't mean they can't do something. It is actually harder to do it with lower stats. So if someone is just good at denying, then why punish them for using a lower rated fighter? You can't take away their ability to deny just because you have better stats. Even the greenest wrestler will deny a transition once in a while.

There is nothing wrong with this. It does make a huge difference though when you talk about subs. I don't think stamina plays a big enough role here. It should. On both sides. Also depending on the sub.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »