Home

Mortal kombat 3 from 1995 had RUN button, why we cant have that and it s year 2016?

This is a discussion on Mortal kombat 3 from 1995 had RUN button, why we cant have that and it s year 2016? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #9
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mortal kombat 3 from 1995 had RUN button, why we cant have that and it s year 201

While that's a pretty funny post by GPD --- doesn't make me very optimistic about improvements to Finish The Fight / Bum Rush tactics / Lunging Strikes / etc
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #10
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: Mortal kombat 3 from 1995 had RUN button, why we cant have that and it s year 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
While that's a pretty funny post by GPD --- doesn't make me very optimistic about improvements to Finish The Fight / Bum Rush tactics / Lunging Strikes / etc
This game maybe. GPD said something about targeting. I'm assuming it is what I am talking about with the way they move back when rocked. You can rush them, but you have to adjust. This takes time, and they usually come out of the rocked state by then. You can use the clinch to finish. I know I use this because of that.

I think this is more of an issue that would take a lot of work. Probably too much for this game. Who knows though? I personally don't think they will do anything this game.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
This game maybe. GPD said something about targeting. I'm assuming it is what I am talking about with the way they move back when rocked. You can rush them, but you have to adjust. This takes time, and they usually come out of the rocked state by then. You can use the clinch to finish. I know I use this because of that.

I think this is more of an issue that would take a lot of work. Probably too much for this game. Who knows though? I personally don't think they will do anything this game.
Yeah, I know about that. I really hope that they should quit supporting EA UFC2 and focus on make the next title at this moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Hell, even Super Mario Bros from 1985 had a run mechanic.

Come on EA!
dear sir
I bought ur game on release day and I play it since then.
more I play it online, more frustrating it is due to unbalanced game mechanics.
everybody at this point learnt how to glitch/abuse something.

last thing I want to see when I come home from work and got few hours for this game is>

somebody running for 10 or more mins, refusing to engage, due to broken movement system, I dont understand why it s so easy to run away from fight in this game, even in health events etc

somebody switching between spamming clinch/TD whole match and (especially in WBW div) it can take one unblocked clinch hit and u re on mat

somebody abusing hit stun/reaction combos whatever u called it, I mean body hooks will freeze u in place and other great things. body kicks when u try to engage and etc

somebody on ground just waiting on deny doing nothing else, holding in SC or etc

I mean u can argue for this and that, I am sure u got some numbers on paper or something, but it s just NOT fun anymore

I barely play my div 4 fighters anymore unless there s daily for it and when I got div 6 opponents it s like fighting robots, it feels like work not like fun and relax

the usage of thai clinch to end the fight is just absurd, especially next to cage
so is full mount GnP power, amount of stamina loss from deny, combo multiplier nonsense (one fight in LEC- 1,2 and body kick and my 100% undamaged body got health event and I end up dead, wonderful mechanics)
etc

here s something for u if not for UFC2, then for inspiration for UFC2

clinch KO- Tate vs Zingano
GnP- Bigfoot vs Fedor, GSP vs BJ penn
movement- Gustaffson keeping his distance in all of his fights, by turning and running away, and yet u can see in Cormier vs Gustaffson, u can get caught by doing that
striking mechanics- Aldo vs Mcgregor- punches dont disappear, Aldo is knocked down, but still his punch hits Mcgregor and he bleeds

and last thing if SuperMario had run too, why we re going backwards in this game, 20years or more later???
or want to tell me that s no charging/running/sprinting in UFC?
I mean this game is called UFC right?
Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 PM   #13
Rookie

PS-for TD defense Hunt vs Mir
Old 07-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #14
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

This is what the running looks like currently when you try to finish a rocked apponent https://youtu.be/j87G86O3Gx8
Old 07-05-2016, 08:33 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

The game badly needs running, and for it to make you easier to knock out if you run toward your opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
RUn
or charging attacks
or add lunges on strikes

it s absurd to trying to go forward and strike and being stopped by silly kicks and other nonsense

dash forward is too slow and it sucks

EA ur bad movement system encourages people for passive aggressive style or running around, not engaging..

and "Solution" to this clinch, it s even worse than problem itself
So first of all I have to say that MK3 is the furthest thing from a comparison.

Second- I do agree that there should be a run or dash option besides the flailing arms during the "finish the fight" sequence that doesn't even allow body shots and all you have to do is hold High Block and circle away to avoid being dropped. So I can agree with that.

The problem I have is that the more I see people say "there is no realism!" Or "people are not fighting realistically". The more I realize that people aren't really asking for realism. They're asking for more action and a faster pace.
I mean honestly. How often do you see people just charging forward or running forward, besides of course after dropping/rocking somebody? Not very often. You see the step-punch or "dash-strike" quite often. Mark Hunt is a great example of that.
I used to try to push the pace and swing and apply a ton of pressure in my fights. I still do for the most part but now that I am getting higher in the ranks. I find myself hanging back. Playing "more realistically".
Nowadays that is the realistic way to fight. Not many fighters just rush forward. Get in the pocket, bite down and swing. Except maybe Nick/Nate Diaz. They are constantly pushing the pace. As well as maybe Dos Anjos and Khabib Nurmagemedov. Those guys apply a ton of pressure but, Khabib especially, uses it to gain a grappling advantage.
Fighters are too dangerous today to just come out swinging like the old days. You will rarely see a fighter that has been knocked out on 1 or more occasions that will just throw caution to the wind. The "realistic" way to fight is to hang back, get a feel for your opponents timing, pick your shots carefully. Then when you land that 1 clean strike/combo. Go in for the kill.

So I would say that adding a run button isn't exactly for more realistic fighting. But more so to give players the option to stalk the more defensive fighters better and force them to play more aggressively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »