Home

BLOCK mechanics and How to BREAK BLOCK

This is a discussion on BLOCK mechanics and How to BREAK BLOCK within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #9
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BLOCK mechanics and How to BREAK BLOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I can't imagine throwing one strike over and over again to just break block on one side, the guy will just time you and use the godly parry to KO you.
What are you talking about?...

where on the video (its end) i "throwing one strike over and over again"?
How many strikes was landed on block to break it in my video (end)?

what do you mean "just break block on one side"? we are talking about breaking the ENTIRE block.

Quote:
the guy will just time you and use the godly parry to KO you.
how long Parry window is (frames)?
how long delay you can make between strikes in your combo w/o loosing CM?
Do youknow that you can mix-up jab-straight-head kick and jab-straight-body kick if you aniticipate that the opponent is possible to read and parry you?

Before answering please see again my video with more attention)
Old 07-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #10
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Wanna play online sugata? Send me a friend invite and let's fight, I'll show you. B_A_N_E

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

you guys ever fight?

To be honest I've only had *one* person ever knock me down b/c my standing guard was 'broken'

They had 94 standup and OVR 87 vs my 80 standup and OVR 75 WBW in UT lol she had very low blocking stat

Never had anyone come close to breaking my guard in ranked championship; or when my UT guys have full/almost full block stats ---

Sugata --- have you been able to consistently break the high guard of top 100 or at least top 500 type opponents online?
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #12
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
you guys ever fight?

To be honest I've only had *one* person ever knock me down b/c my standing guard was 'broken'

They had 94 standup and OVR 87 vs my 80 standup and OVR 75 WBW in UT lol she had very low blocking stat

Never had anyone come close to breaking my guard in ranked championship; or when my UT guys have full/almost full block stats ---

Sugata --- have you been able to consistently break the high guard of top 100 or at least top 500 type opponents online?
No, I am a bad player.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #13
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
No, I am a bad player.
oh really? You have a great understanding of the game I figured you were a pretty good fighter!

I think your tactics for breaking high block would work very well --- even against top fighters who rely too much on high block --- *if* the power of high block was reduced 20-25% or so.

But the way it is now, in my opinion, attempting to break someone's block as a route to victory is a crapshoot at best; suicide at worst
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #14
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
oh really? You have a great understanding of the game I figured you were a pretty good fighter!

I think your tactics for breaking high block would work very well --- even against top fighters who rely too much on high block --- *if* the power of high block was reduced 20-25% or so.

But the way it is now, in my opinion, attempting to break someone's block as a route to victory is a crapshoot at best; suicide at worst
Yup exactly, you won't break the block of someone who is good.

I have broken through the block but its usually in teh fifth round with like 45 seconds to go. almost alwayss heavyweight.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:05 PM   #15
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:

The problem IS NOT in the Block itself.
The Block is breakable. And breakable even by 2 clear boosted powerful hits - that is enough.

The problem IS in that there are NO HIT STUNS after strikes in UFC 2: you make a 1-2 clear hit and ready to break Block, but opponent is not hit stunned from them and back pedal away with THE SAME speed as usually OR he launch immediately his Punch which crushes your powerful boosted Kick to his block - there are NO Striking advantage (STA) in the game (opponent must to be in Striking disadvantage after getting hit and will not be possible to launch his strike immediately)! THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

How it must to be in UFC 3 w STA:
OP is High blocking > you land 1-2 clear body hits > opponent is stunned a bit and cannot to launch his strike immediately and to move away fast enough to evade yr kick > you launch your head kick to his block.
His possible solutions in that situation:
OP is in Striking disadvantage - the only thing in his mind must to be about DEFENSE > use side step against linear kick or in opposite direction against half circular kick OR use Sway OR use Parry or use Back dash (but getting hit while dashing causing FBHR b/c of counter window). And only when OP successfully escape from the punish he begin to think about OFFENSE.

In EA UFC 2 now - is full randomness in striking and hit statuses. This is the problem.

Last edited by SUGATA; 07-08-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 07:09 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
The problem IS NOT in the Block itself.
The Block is breakable. And breakable even 2 clear boosted powerful hits - this is enough.

The problem IS in that there are NO HIT STUNS after strikes in UFC 2: you make a 1-2 clear hit and ready to break Block, but opponent is not hit stunned from them and back pedal away with THE SAME speed as usually OR he launch immediately his Punch which crushes your powerful boosted Kick to his block - there are NO Striking advantage (STA) in the game (opponent must to be in Striking disadvantage after getting hit and will not be possible to launch his strike immediately)! THIS IS THE PROBLEM!

How it must to be in UFC 3 w STA:
OP is High blocking > you land 1-2 clear body hits > opponent is stunned a bit and cannot to launch his strike immediately and to move away fast enough to evade yr kick > you launch your head kick to his block.
His possible solutions in that situation:
OP is in Striking disadvantage - the only thing in his mind must to be about DEFENSE > use side step against linear kick or in opposite direction against half circular kick OR use Sway OR use Parry or use Back dash (but getting hit while dashing coasing FBHR b/c of counter window). And only when OP successfully escape from the punish he begin to think about OFFENSE.

In EA UFC 2 now - is full randomness in striking and hit statuses. This is the problem.
It would help if the GPD gave us more information and details about the existing strike advantage/priority mechanics, like he did with grapple advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »