Home

Can we talk about striking?

This is a discussion on Can we talk about striking? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we talk about striking?

I think leg kicks were nerfed to much. Every strike but one or two was an inside leg kick to Chiesa's lead leg and wasn't blocked. I waited for stamina to recover before throwing following kick most of the time.

This was accelerated clock, probably had 20 or more leg health events. Won decision 30-27.

I did this offline in two player mode. Edson has 3 leg kick tko's, one in first, one in second, and one in third round.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I think leg kicks were nerfed to much. Every strike but one or two was an inside leg kick to Chiesa's lead leg and wasn't blocked. I waited for stamina to recover before throwing following kick most of the time.

This was accelerated clock, probably had 20 or more leg health events. Won decision 30-27.

I did this offline in two player mode. Edson has 3 leg kick tko's, one in first, one in second, and one in third round.

First of all, how on earth is that post dated 7/17/2016, when it's only the 16th?????

Secondly, I get leg kick TKOs with Barboza all the time. The key is throwing leg kicks at the end of combinations. If you do nothing but spam leg kicks it's not gonna do much, except be really annoying.

*edit* Also how did you miss 26 strikes when the opponent isn't even moving, or doing anything at all? lol

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #11
Pro

Any ideas from you guys how leg kicks are counted as far as judging goes? I often use them to control fights (I don't use many strikers where I feel ill ever get a TKO via leg kick). But I'm curious how they are 'scored' as they are considered Significant Strikes. So is a dink leg kick worth more than a stiff jab?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #12
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I took a video clip I was thinking of uploading were I missed 4 leg kicks in a row standing right in front of opponent. On my screen is says post was made on 16th

This wasn't spamming dude, this was something I was testing with two controllers online.

A jab to the face shouldn't effect the damage of leg kicks unless the jab throws off their stance. Given your knowledge of mma I find it odd you take issue with me saying over 100 leg kicks with rear leg and max stamina available shouldn't stop a fight. I could land two more during health event and all the sudden the health event is over and dude is able to eat more kicks.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I took a video clip I was thinking of uploading were I missed 4 leg kicks in a row standing right in front of opponent. On my screen is says post was made on 16th

This wasn't spamming dude, this was something I was testing with two controllers online.

A jab to the face shouldn't effect the damage of leg kicks unless the jab throws off their stance. Given your knowledge of mma I find it odd you take issue with me saying over 100 leg kicks with rear leg and max stamina available shouldn't stop a fight. I could land two more during health event and all the sudden the health event is over and dude is able to eat more kicks.
Shoot man! I think my tone was lost in that message. Didn't mean for that to come off badly.

And I didn't mean you were spamming leg kicks, I know you're just testing. I just meant, in a real fight online, spamming leg kicks wont do much except be annoying.

I also agree 100% that landing 100 flush leg kicks SHOULD put a guy away, or at least have him limping around Uriah Faber - Jose Aldo style.

Unfortunately though, if you wanna hurt peoples legs in EA UFC 2, generally speaking you need to exploit the combo multiplier to do so.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I thought you were making fun of me and I'm emotional, I got butt hurt.

My bad.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #15
Pro

Haz, points out one more reason the combo multiplier adds an arcade feel to the game. I do hear and get the argument for them as well as hit stuns/reactions, but I think they are lazy patch overs for problems that weren't otherwise more creatively figured out.

Dave, you are absolutely right. A guy with leg kicks like that, landing flush. Shouldn't even get close to that number. BTW... For those who complain about high block strength, this is actually part of that argument. Make people block leg kicks more effectively and suddenly they can't just hold high block
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »