Home

For the love of Humanity, We Need A Universe Mode.

This is a discussion on For the love of Humanity, We Need A Universe Mode. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 05:16 AM   #65
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For the love of Humanity, We Need A Universe Mode.

All I want in this game is for their to be some sort of management mode, similiar to other EA Games like Franchise Mode in Madden and NHL. That would make this game 10x better in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #66
Rookie

All I want is to make a great Career Mode.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallUNLIMITED
All I want is to make a great Career Mode.
That would be cool but it doesnt fix the issue of long term play/interest with this game.

Most people will likely play a good career mode once or twice? With MMA thats maybe 80-100 fights at the most. If that mode is good and engaging, a person can blow through that in a few months.

So if you only play offline and only play online....why would you still play the game?
Old 08-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Most people will likely play a good career mode once or twice? With MMA thats maybe 80-100 fights at the most. If that mode is good and engaging, a person can blow through that in a few months.
Except the numbers don't support that direction right now. No one is saying Universe Mode is a bad idea, but getting to a point where I am concerned with extending long-term engagement with offline modes would be champagne problems. First thing's first -- let's make a kick-*** Career Mode.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Except the numbers don't support that direction right now. No one is saying Universe Mode is a bad idea, but getting to a point where I am concerned with extending long-term engagement with offline modes would be champagne problems. First thing's first -- let's make a kick-*** Career Mode.
What does this mean? Does that mean that more people are invested in playing UFC 3 online than offline now? Or that the offline players you've surveyed care more about a robust career mode than a franchise/universe mode?

I know this is a combat sports game but this thinking goes counter to everything players want in sports games. If Madden had a Superstar mode and no Franchise people would go ballistic (in fact they did a few years ago when Franchise mode was limited). Same with 2k's my Career and my Franchise.

Like I said before, a player like me is forced to play online or create an offline universe in order to enjoy the game long term. That would be the case even if career mode was the best combat sports career mode ever. At best, I'm fully enjoying the game for 3 months tops.

Maybe I'm the minority but I think that this makes sense even from a feature prespective. This is EA's 4th attempt at an MMA career mode if you include EA MMA. All of them have been subpar. So you could promote another attempt at career mode with a ton of new features. Maybe that gets attracts new interest.

or

You could introduce a new mode that has never been done in an MMA game before. In fact, most people dont even know its in WWE so it would appear to be brand new. You would satisfy a ton of your hardcore offline fans and have a new back of the box feature.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What does this mean?
Career Mode is the most played mode by a very large margin and is consistently called out as the biggest detractor among reviews, focus groups, telemetry insights, surveys, etc.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #71
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Career Mode is the most played mode by a very large margin and is consistently called out as the biggest detractor among reviews, focus groups, telemetry insights, surveys, etc.
i cant see why we cant get both?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #72
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
i cant see why we cant get both?
Also people were giving great suggestions for this game career mode which never got in. Having a organisation before u get into the UFC/ultimate fighter was very heavily suggested, but it never got in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »