Home

strikes in sprawl position

This is a discussion on strikes in sprawl position within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
strikes in sprawl position

- In EA UFC2, body punche is only allow one of strikes in sprawl position. I think, it's very useless and feel limited.

- In UD3, you could throw punches to the body and head in sprawl position. It's very useful and very good.

I hope they tweak it in order for possible hit to the head and body in sprawl position like UD3.

and I think, this move is really good. it seems like stack guard or posture up from sprawl position. This move can be used to the finish the fight. hopefully, add this move to EA UFC2 or future franchise.

Thanks for reading!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: strikes in sprawl position

I agree we should be able to strike the head, also the guy on bottom should be able to block his head which wll gain small GA.

Most people will still go to the body but sometimes you can sneak in that punch to the head if they think you will be going to the body. Also if their arm damage is red on the side you are pucnhing, punches should sneak through which does a slightly reduced amount of damage to the head.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250

- In EA UFC2, body punche is only allow one of strikes in sprawl position. I think, it's very useless and feel limited.

- In UD3, you could throw punches to the body and head in sprawl position. It's very useful and very good.

I hope they tweak it in order for possible hit to the head and body in sprawl position like UD3.

and I think, this move is really good. it seems like stack guard or posture up from sprawl position. This move can be used to the finish the fight. hopefully, add this move to EA UFC2 or future franchise.

Thanks for reading!
In UD3 some characters, like shogun, could also throw knees to the shoulder. Some striking omissions are really weird.
Strikes I think that are missing:

-knees to the shoulder in sprawl
-knees to the shoulder in north/south
-elbows to the body in side control
-elbows to the body in back side control
-knees to the body in back side control
-knees to the body from side control bottom

Please tell me of any more I may have missed.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
-knees to the body in back side control.
For some weird reason, you cannot throw them,but if you KO your opponent in back side control and you press the kick button, it will perform a knee on a KO'ed Opponent. I believe, for some weird reason it got removed,but they forgot to remove it after you KO someone in that position.I mentioned it in a post a while ago, here is my vid showing what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWo6Mq9UxxM
Old 07-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
For some weird reason, you cannot throw them,but if you KO your opponent in back side control and you press the kick button, it will perform a knee on a KO'ed Opponent. I believe, for some weird reason it got removed,but they forgot to remove it after you KO someone in that position.I mentioned it in a post a while ago, here is my vid showing what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWo6Mq9UxxM
Is that true? We can't knees to the body in back side control?? It doesn't make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

I never played UD3 but I like those additions to the ground strikes. Hope to see in UFC 3 in 2 years
Old 07-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Is that true? We can't knees to the body in back side control?? It doesn't make sense.
No you can't. And no, it doesn't make sense.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:07 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
I never played UD3 but I like those additions to the ground strikes. Hope to see in UFC 3 in 2 years
I was really young when i playeD UD3. I wasn't even into MMA or knew what UFC was back when i played it on my PS3. I didn't even play UD3 online. I used to rent the game at least once a month for about a year and i loved it's offline. It was such as fun game.

UD3 was one of the reasons i started watching the sport and EA UFC 1 one of the reasons i started watching UFC more than just a few vids on youtube for highlights.

I just love the thread that says "what moves would you like to see in EA UFC 3 that weren't added to this game."

The answer is pretty easy: "all the moves that UD3 has and this game is lacking."

I am just not a fan of the timing based transitions and timing transition blocks and timing being the core of the ground game system. It has the potential to be fun, but it's not practical with that terrible lag/delay that ruins almost every game of EA UFC 2.

We can only hope, but this series has lost my trust with EA UFC 2.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-11-2016 at 05:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »