Home

A few ideas for UFC 3 based on this weekend's events

This is a discussion on A few ideas for UFC 3 based on this weekend's events within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: A few ideas for UFC 3 based on this weekend's events

^ Sorry, that sounds like I am $hitting on your ideas. I'm not, I like the big picture. I was just pointing out the small specifics with which I disagreed
Old 07-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback

1.) A lot goes into the calculation of who gets more tired during clinch fighting. It isn't so cut and dry

Great! I agree! Let's make it a dynamic system, then. But at the least --- at the very basic level --- do you agree that there is not enough permanent stamina drain in clinch/ground?

2.) Totally disagree with the idea that, at some certain stamina %, you can no longer sprawl or get hooks to stop a takedown. Talk about an arcade-type idea. There have been fighters over the years who, no matter how tired, are nearly impossible to take down. On the flip side, no matter how dominant some fighters are just poor offensive wrestlers. Pre-loaded outcomes based on stamina just seems silly

That's why I stated that this is *all else equal* --- i.e. equal stats --- sure if a guy with a super low takedown stat tries to take down DC or Lesnar or something....lol yes for sure, a gassed DC or Lesnar could probably still stop it. So you have a good point there. But if an 80% stamina Lesnar tried to take down a 20% stamina Lesnar --- the 'fresh' Lesnar would have almost a guaranteed takedown. Don't you agree??

3.) Fighter stats should be changed only when proven to be inaccurate over a long period of time. Monthly would lend to overreactions. However, I like the idea of the developers releasing stat changes when needed, perhaps monthly, but this would almost never be because of a recent performance. Instead it would allow time to identify terrible stats they made in the first place -- Gunnar Nelson's top game and submissions are a screaming example for a monthly update like you propose
Yup good point --- definitely don't want stats to 'float' too much --- but IMO Johny Hendricks should probably lose some stats! (even though I love playing with him; it's apparent he's no longer who he used to be) --- and good point re: Gunnar
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
^ Sorry, that sounds like I am $hitting on your ideas. I'm not, I like the big picture. I was just pointing out the small specifics with which I disagreed
no worries my man! A friendly debate/discussion --- we all want a better game, it's just business
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #12
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

With the UFC being sold, we have no idea if there will even be a third one. If there is though, we might get some of the things the brass at Zuffa didn't want to add. Same company, different back end management. I highly doubt Dana was the one saying no to a lot of things. He also might see things differently being on the other side. Sure, he will still be president, but to what extent? He is basically an employee now. I'm not sure if he still has the 10% share. I thought he had to sell that during the deal.

Anyways, on topic. Some good ideas for sure. Someone said something about the arm trap. The arm trap needs to be a position itself. Actually would make it more realistic. Probably could also use it to force a stand up.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #13
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
With the UFC being sold, we have no idea if there will even be a third one. If there is though, we might get some of the things the brass at Zuffa didn't want to add. Same company, different back end management. I highly doubt Dana was the one saying no to a lot of things. He also might see things differently being on the other side. Sure, he will still be president, but to what extent? He is basically an employee now. I'm not sure if he still has the 10% share. I thought he had to sell that during the deal.

Anyways, on topic. Some good ideas for sure. Someone said something about the arm trap. The arm trap needs to be a position itself. Actually would make it more realistic. Probably could also use it to force a stand up.
He got to keep his shares (9% I believe) and the Abu Dhabi group got to keep their 10% also.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
He got to keep his shares (9% I believe) and the Abu Dhabi group got to keep their 10% also.
Well, we will just have to hope he wasn't the one saying no to a lot of things. As well as hoping the new majority owners still want a game, and EA to do it.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #15
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Well, we will just have to hope he wasn't the one saying no to a lot of things. As well as hoping the new majority owners still want a game, and EA to do it.
I can almost guarantee beyond a shadow of a doubt that not ONLY will they want another video game, that they will probably be upping the agreement with EA on the game as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #16
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Good ideas. #3 should be happening already. Fighters only fight every 3 or 4 months so it's not they would be changing anything in the months they dont fight. Only adjust after they fight which some fighters that's only once a year.

Something needs to be changed on the ground for stamina. What u say about the ground game not wearing guys is so true and basically removes a huge strategic point of mma.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 07-11-2016 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »