Home

How will the sale of the UFC to the new owners affect EA UFC 3?

This is a discussion on How will the sale of the UFC to the new owners affect EA UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #57
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How will the sale of the UFC to the new owners affect EA UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
EA probably contracted for more than a few titles. Whoever the new owners are, I doubt they'll be thinking about cancelling out on the biggest name in the biz first off for no particular reason. They'll have a lot more on their plate right now than worrying about a video game franchise that sells well enough.
They would likely stay with EA. I'm just saying they might want to shop it around. When a new company takes over, they might want to renegotiate a lot of contracts. Get out of them, etc. Usually the other company has their own vision. Sometimes they stick with what works. These investors are big players though. I've been reading up on the other companies, and these are the type that would change things up.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1

They might want to shop it around, but even ignoring that the contract almost certainly still holds true nobody that has to make a game from scratch is going to be able to offer a better ROI than EA who are starting from a much more advanced place. 2K is the only other game in town and I don't think they would be able to compete with EA in a bid for the rights, even if there were one. UFC games are niche, so it's not like 2K would be investing in a potential 20M copy game.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:39 PM   #59
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
They might want to shop it around, but even ignoring that the contract almost certainly still holds true nobody that has to make a game from scratch is going to be able to offer a better ROI than EA who are starting from a much more advanced place. 2K is the only other game in town and I don't think they would be able to compete with EA in a bid for the rights, even if there were one. UFC games are niche, so it's not like 2K would be investing in a potential 20M copy game.
The reason to shop it around. Maybe renegotiate. I highly doubt they would do anything but try to resign with EA anyways. Just an interesting topic to discuss. Everything else has been talked to death about.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #60
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
The reason to shop it around. Maybe renegotiate. I highly doubt they would do anything but try to resign with EA anyways. Just an interesting topic to discuss. Everything else has been talked to death about.
They might not be abe to shop it around if EA had a contract with tthe UFC untill 2020. I personally think the only way for the game to terminate is if both parties agree too. I personally believe EA wants to do another installment and im sure the new owners will want to carry this on. But whenever the contract is over im sure they will shop around before renegioating.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #61
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

For the people speculating that the mocap is for Fight Night, here are EA Sports' two general managers talking about bringing FN back:

Does EA want to bring back the Fight Night or MLB franchises?
Bilbey: I think we're getting to a place now with hockey, UFC, FIFA, with NFL and NBA, where I think we're ready to start exploring new opportunities again. I think those new opportunities will likely be first explored on mobile as Cam was saying, just because the speed of understanding the opportunity and that allows us.

Doesnt mean its not coming back but it pretty much confirms that the mocap wasnt for FN, it was for UFC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 11:47 AM   #62
MVP

offtopic, I am on XB1. I really hope that EA approve backwards compatible to Fight Night Champion for a ton of users.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #63
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think thats true at all. I wasnt able to refer to UFC 2 as UFC 2 until last 2015 when EA made an official announcement. Thats how EA works. Their devs dont officially comment on a new game until its announced.

All you have to do is look at some of the devs twitter to know they are working on something. 2 of the devs have pics and videos from recent mo cap sessions. Now what do you think is more likely....those sessions are for UFC 2 or a future game?

I dont have an official answer but its not hard to speculate which answer is right.

May i ask who those devs are, so i can check these things out myself?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
May i ask who those devs are, so i can check these things out myself?
https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower
https://twitter.com/JeremyMathiesen

Scroll down to May on Jeremy's twitter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »