Home

How will the sale of the UFC to the new owners affect EA UFC 3?

This is a discussion on How will the sale of the UFC to the new owners affect EA UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #65
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How will the sale of the UFC to the new owners affect EA UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Doesnt mean its not coming back but it pretty much confirms that the mocap wasnt for FN, it was for UFC.
Speculation. Glory kick boxer? How does that fit in to the UFC? They could be making a kick boxing game for all we know. One that they likely could market to this crowd and possibly pay less for the license. That is all just speculation as well. It most likely is for EA Sports UFC 3, but we don't know. EA could likely make an Ultimate Team type of game and use no licenses and sell close to, or just as well.

The UFC name will bring people in, but I don't think as much as people think. I think a well made MMA game with tons of customization might actually do better than another UFC game. No clue, but possible. I know I spent way more time in Ultimate Team. Mainly because I got sick of facing the same characters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Speculation. Glory kick boxer? How does that fit in to the UFC? They could be making a kick boxing game for all we know. One that they likely could market to this crowd and possibly pay less for the license. That is all just speculation as well. It most likely is for EA Sports UFC 3, but we don't know. EA could likely make an Ultimate Team type of game and use no licenses and sell close to, or just as well.

The UFC name will bring people in, but I don't think as much as people think. I think a well made MMA game with tons of customization might actually do better than another UFC game. No clue, but possible. I know I spent way more time in Ultimate Team. Mainly because I got sick of facing the same characters.
One thing that I dont like is when people use words like "speculation" and "opinion" and think that you dont need information/evidence to support those things.

Here is the support for my speculation that the mocap is for UFC 3:

- EA currently holds the UFC license and I've confirmed that EA is happy with its sales.

- The two devs that are posting pics and videos are UFC devs.

- Devs have mentioned that striking is possibly something they will focus on in future versions of the game.

Here is the support you have for it being for Fight Night:

..........................nothing. In fact, EA pretty much confirmed that they are only considering mobile additions to its lineup currently.

Here is the support you have for it being a Glory Kickboxing game:

- They are using a world champion kickboxer for mo cap.

The problem with that speculation is 1) Kickboxing is a pretty big aspect of MMA so a Glory champion Kickboxer would be very helpful when it comes to MMA mocap. 2)You ignore the other people who are doing mocap. One is an MMA fighter (Matt Trudeau). One is an MMA coach. The last one is a BJJ brown belt.

So I seriously doubt that EA would bring in 4 people and 3 of them have no connection to the world of kickboxing if it was creating a Glory game.

Look, I'm all for speculation if its intelligent speculation thats based on facts. My speculation is based solely on facts.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #67
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
One thing that I dont like is when people use words like "speculation" and "opinion" and think that you dont need information/evidence to support those things.

- EA currently holds the UFC license and I've confirmed that EA is happy with its sales.

- Devs have mentioned that striking is possibly something they will focus on in future versions of the game.

..........................nothing. In fact, EA pretty much confirmed that they are only considering mobile additions to its lineup currently.

Here is the support you have for it being a Glory Kickboxing game:

The problem with that speculation is 1) Kickboxing is a pretty big aspect of MMA so a Glory champion Kickboxer would be very helpful when it comes to MMA mocap. 2)You ignore the other people who are doing mocap. One is an MMA fighter (Matt Trudeau). One is an MMA coach. The last one is a BJJ brown belt.

So I seriously doubt that EA would bring in 4 people and 3 of them have no connection to the world of kickboxing if it was creating a Glory game.

Look, I'm all for speculation if its intelligent speculation thats based on facts. My speculation is based solely on facts.
It could be a figure skating game...think about it. It makes more sense than you might think initially.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #68
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
[/b]

Except that there was a thread asking about striking and a dev said it wasn't for EA UFC. That is what got that speculation going.

Speculating when a new company takes over another is actually what drives market prices. You should know that. Anything could happen. That's the point. Look at the companies that are buying the UFC. Then look at what kind of companies they are. A lot of them are investment companies. They usually turn businesses. That is the whole point. Buy a company, grow it, sell it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with speculation. You have more inside info, or do you? You think they would tell you if the series wasn't? The devs for Undisputed found out the same day the rest of us did that the UFC license had been sold. Two told me about it that morning before the announcement. They were just as surprised, and worried because they were out of jobs.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #69
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It could be a figure skating game...think about it. It makes more sense than you might think initially.
True, but you know if it is probably uncertain right now. Maybe not. However, unless you guys were told the series would continue after the sale you can't know for sure can you? Or can you?
Old 07-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #70
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
True, but you know if it is probably uncertain right now. Maybe not. However, unless you guys were told the series would continue after the sale you can't know for sure can you? Or can you?
The only thing I know for sure is that I can't tell you anything one way or the other.

Especially about the connection to figure skating. Which I think you could probably deduce on your own.

I probably shouldn't have said it at all actually.
\
I just pulled a Chael...gotta just go with it I guess.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #71
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
The only thing I know for sure is that I can't tell you anything one way or the other.

Especially about the connection to figure skating. Which I think you could probably deduce on your own.

I probably shouldn't have said it at all actually.
\
I just pulled a Chael...gotta just go with it I guess.
Yeah, lol. I know. Still gotta try.

Just an interesting topic. I don't think any other company could take the game further than you guys will be able to. However, this is a huge deal. It could have negative, positive, or neutral results. I'm hoping the new owners are more willing to be open about things we have wanted for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #72
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

/thread

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »